Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: dodgexped's 06 silverado Build-up

After driving the truck 1200 miles back to Montana I can say on the highway the 4.3 is a dog! Haha the 5 speed makes it better though. Cruising is fine but passing is SLOW. But hand calculated at 75 mph averaged 17 mpg compared to my dodges 14- 15. And I can do about 430 miles per tank compared to the dodges 310. I am more than satisfied with the little v6 paired with the standard.
    Last edited by dodgexped; 12-12-2012 at 01:50 AM.

Does your truck have the rear locker? What gears? 373 maybe

did you get this in highland park? i was looking at that same truck a month or two ago because of the low miles, good price and stick shift, but then i decided to replace the cab on my k5 and build a trazer.
    Nice truck, and the 5 speed w/ the work truck package is nice and simple

Yeah I got it from highland park, the guy was kind of a douche, really difficult to deal with. I am glad you passed it up, for my sake!

No locker yet haha, and I believe it has 3.73.

Default Platform

I just finished most of the new platform, it just needs two little bracing blocks and a small ply wood brace. I built it pretty similar to the one in the dodge, except bigger! The sleeping platform is 52.5 inches x 75 with a 12 inch cabinet/cubby for storing jackets, books, flashlights ext... The front near the cab tilts up to access gear that is not needed every day, and that is where the batteries will go. The rear near the tailgate is fixed and plastic containers with every day gear will go under there. I like to keep my platforms light and simple which means absolutely no drawers! This platform is made of 3 5.5 foot sections of 2x6 and 1 and a half sheets of 5/8 osb so its very light and i can remove it by removing 9 easily accessible screws. I Haven't started yet on a small unit that will hold all the cooking stuff right by the tablegate, but when I finish it up I will throw some pictures up.
    IMG_5518.jpg
    Gives you an idea of the structure
    IMG_4038.jpg
    I have 10.5 inces of usable space under the platform, and I will be putting floors in those cubbies
    IMG_6899.jpg

EDIT

Some pictures in better light

IMG_6956.jpg
    IMG_9866.jpg
    IMG_9857-2.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by dodgexped; 03-19-2013 at 05:24 PM.

check the length on the 2500 bars before buying. i think (repeat, think) the 3/4 ton bars are longer and will not work.
    04 toyota sequoia, to keep the wife happy

09 silverado 4 dr, 35's,

89 4-runner; 3" BL, 255/85 bighorns on '09 taco steelies, 5.29's, rear spool, cobra 25, hella 500's w/more to come

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12