my EXPO rig/ 01 F-350 7.3

Alaskan1Ton

Observer
heres my expo/camping truck. 01 F350 CC with Auto and 7.3 Powerstroke, TS 6 position tuner, 5" exhaust, BHAF, 6.5" lift, had 39.5's but went to a smaller 37" Radial tire for better road driving. Bumper is made by Off-road tech, it now sports a new 12K Winch. I have 4 boys so I really needed the crew cab, shes a little big for tight trails so thats why I have a little Samurai that will be towed behind this truck so I can explore the tight trails. Future plans are either a custom flat bed or possibly a little low profile camper to go into the bed for staying warm and dry, just dont want a lumbering top heavy rig. sorry, cant figure out how to flip pics.

vvv.jpg

turny.jpg

ford.jpg

samurai.jpg

Alaskan1Ton

Observer
in case anyone catches it, it is an 01 but its got headlights and grill from an 05' giving it an updated better look.

Alaskan1Ton

Observer
yeah, I really like the 05 and up grills and lights better than the previous models. The headlights and parking lights are much brighter and have alot more visibility as well. Its been a great truck aside from having to put in a new tranny, but the old one lasted 175,000 miles of towing/wheeling/having the larger tires and power from the tuner behind it.

E.Roy

Aspiring Explorer
Sharp truck, I like that you actually have need for a crew cab. I like the bumper a lot, just made me question building a rectangular tube bumper for my truck. The grille looks very sharp, a workmate has a '99 7.3 with the '05 grille as well.

Buliwyf

Viking with a Hammer
Best truck ever made.

Forget about the flatbed though. A regular pop up slide in camper will work better and be lower IME. The floor of your bed is lower than the deck of a flatbed.

Jomax

Observer
Toughest truck on the road. I have one too, will never get rid of it.
49c8c50f.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using
TapTalk
2000 Black DRW F-350
Gauges, DP tuner, ported housing, T-500:evil:, JW VB, 5in turbo back, hutch/harpoon mod, 6.0 IC, tru cool tranny cooler, etc

Bigjerm

SE Expedition Society
Nice truck. I just bought a 2002 F350 to do the mild mountain roads and tow the Wrangler to the better stuff. I won't be lifting or anything, heck probably won't even change the tire size.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Alaskan1Ton

Observer
Thanks fellas, she is a great truck. I sell/swap and trade alot of vehicles but not this one, its fits perfectly for my needs and just does everything great from hauling my family of 6 all over Alaska, to towing, to actually getting in the dirt and wheeling around. Only 2 upgrades I would wish for, 1. Dana 60 front axle 2. manual transmission

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles