need your opinion asap

TheThom

Adventurer
That looks kind of like the adrenalin fold out model camper. A new one just sold for $10K and it was a steal. Build thread Here If it's in good shape and wouldn't need A TON of work/mods I think 2K or so would work.

Here's the thing though: I've never seen a camper like that and you probably won't see one again either. If you feel that it's right for you, then you should take this opportunity. If it needs 2K of work to be almost as nice at the 10K new deal, then you could even pay more and it would be reasonable. If you're budget is 5K and it needs 1K of work, then ..... you get my point.

I looks like the tent is in good shape. That's a biggie because it'll be difficult to replace.

Nice find. Let us know how it goes.

TheThom

Adventurer
I googled it "Combi Camp 404"

There's a PhotoBucket site setup with a bunch of pics of another one HEREhttp://s117.photobucket.com/albums/o46/rorrho/Gear/combi%20camp%20404/

Looks like it's a British company www.combicamp.co.uk Good info on their website. Looks like brand new ones go for ~$15K

To me that means a couple of things: rare find and you definitely would have trouble if you needed stock parts. If you can fabricate your own stuff, then no big deal. There are canvas replacement folks here who could still make a new canvas using the old one as a template, but it'd cost ~$1k. There shouldn't be too many stock parts because it's not a hard top pop up camper. The only things in it would be canvas poles and you could mod any furniture yourself

This is very interesting.

EDIT: I FOUND A VIDEO

jeep-N-montero

Expedition Leader
They are very well built for their intended purpose of being towed behind motorcycles and smaller cars, but due to their fold out platform it is difficult to set them up with larger tires for trail use.

Titanpat57

Expedition Leader
The Combi Camp from UK looks to open over the side...this model, which looks like the motorcycle version, opens over the back...if it can be had for a good price, could still be fun either way.

rlargarticha

Observer
guys asking 400 cash, said he would go 300, no rips or tears, he says no water damage but it looks like their is on the front

Titanpat57

Expedition Leader
Grab it and go Lad...get it at the right price and you can always turn it over for a couple of dollars, if you clean and fix it up....neat little camper!

TheThom

Adventurer
Grab it and go Lad...get it at the right price and you can always turn it over for a couple of dollars, if you clean and fix it up....neat little camper!

Seriously! $300 - you can always sell it for that (and likely more) if needed. But, if it needs major front end work, that can be a very involved project - as I've learned.

rlargarticha

Observer

Im debating it, but as the tranny is going out on the jeep i dont know if its in the budget.
The guy has had it on Craigslist for a while so he would prob go even lower. Not sure yet, also looking at a 7ft pop up with 3 beds a sink and what used to be a stove

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior