Post up your drawer/storage system

Redman333

Adventurer
Thank you! It's Baltic birch plywood. A mix of half inch and three quarter to try and keep weight down but still make sure its strong enough to be bounced and beaten around in the back of the truck while hitting some pretty serious trails.

The opposite side has a 74" long unit that serves as a bench and sleeping platform with a long pull out drawer. The drawer has a solid fixed divider in the middle and slots for optional adjustable drop in dividers. Flip up top allows for access to the contents while inside the truck.

This is my first time using the 60" drawer slides and they are pretty impressive.

View attachment 332857

View attachment 332858

What kind of tools are you using. That 60" slide looks really nice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

fireball

Explorer
Thanks guys. These projects are fun!

I own a construction and renovation company so we have a pretty decent little woodshop where myself and one of my guys do little projects like these between our renovation work.

Another member of the local Land Cruiser club just dropped off his 40 series truck for a rear cargo box so that is next on the agenda.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1456776307.107226.jpg

Redman333

Adventurer
Thanks guys. These projects are fun!

I own a construction and renovation company so we have a pretty decent little woodshop where myself and one of my guys do little projects like these between our renovation work.

Another member of the local Land Cruiser club just dropped off his 40 series truck for a rear cargo box so that is next on the agenda.

View attachment 333087

You wouldn't happen to be in NC so I can drop off my rig would you.

fireball

Explorer
Nope I am in PA but the troopy build is for a guy just outside Atlanta and I make it back and forth that way a few times a year and we still do custom cabinetry work for a high end builder in Atlanta.

Redman333

Adventurer
Nope I am in PA but the troopy build is for a guy just outside Atlanta and I make it back and forth that way a few times a year and we still do custom cabinetry work for a high end builder in Atlanta.

You saying you'd be willing to do a build for me?

fireball

Explorer
Redmen I would be more than happy to discuss with you. I'll warn you these are not inexpensive systems. We use high quality materials and build them right. Also if it's for a 100 series I can make it perfect! If it's for a disco 2 and I don't have it here on site I can't get all the side panels scribed perfectly. Some pieces might need to be shipped loose to you for final figment or maybe we can find a local member with the same truck for me to make some templates.

YDR thanks for the compliment! Hope you are doing well!

OregonLC

Observer
Metal wood hybrid. Still need to trim out the sides and build the cargo barrier.

Zero rattles, metal sides saves 4" of space across width.

2e14521fb64bf24dcb9cf2c90166ca97.jpg

99ba39a0a75d8d1f70959fddfaa52761.jpg

a9832158413a0952fe4311ff9fe0dc68.jpg

0692e966e99f33587a3c6134ac447bf7.jpg

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Metal wood hybrid. Still need to trim out the sides and build the cargo barrier.

Zero rattles, metal sides saves 4" of space across width.

2e14521fb64bf24dcb9cf2c90166ca97.jpg

99ba39a0a75d8d1f70959fddfaa52761.jpg

a9832158413a0952fe4311ff9fe0dc68.jpg

0692e966e99f33587a3c6134ac447bf7.jpg

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Awesome hybrid! Tell more please, materials, metal type and thickness. What is the liner materials?
Thank you

Last edited:

fireball

Explorer
Very nice!

Do you holes cut at the rear of the fridge box for ventilation? I talked to a guy who built something similar then burned up his compressor because he made the box too tight!

OregonLC

Observer
There's at least 1-1/2" on all sides for ventilation. I thought about putting vents in it, but on the ARB the compressor is on the back left. On the left side it's flush up against the drawer unit. On the back it's flush up against the water tank. So there wouldn't be much opportunity for air to circulate anyway. I think the space around it should be sufficient. If you think about it, that's the same way your fridge operates at home - inside an enclosure with a tight fit and only small gaps around it. Can't be any worse than having gear piled in around it like it's been for the last several years.

I'll monitor it and if there's a heat issue I have a plan to put a 90mm case fan on the right side of the enclosure blowing fresh air in. But I *think* I'll be ok. At least up here in the PNW.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94

Members online