Post up your drawer/storage system

t4rFL

Adventurer
I simply let a little air out of my mattress and fold it up with the pillow and sleeping bag inside, then strap it down:
266161ee7006b0286356e67e8b473435.jpg

9fea8eb746b8b1273547004909cc8932.jpg

The whole thing breaks down into 3 sections making removal much easier. Also, I can install just the fridge slide/drawer section and still run the back seats.

It didn't come out perfectly, but I'm very happy with the results!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

nice setup. mine is similar up front, i am looking for legs to support it though. can you share what legs you used and are they adjustable? thanks.

JD914

Observer
nice setup. mine is similar up front, i am looking for legs to support it though. can you share what legs you used and are they adjustable? thanks.

I simply used 1/2" plumbing pipe and flange from Lowes/HD. They're not adjustable but they just happened to come in (nearly) the perfect lengths that I needed. The length actually can be adjusted slightly by loosening/tightening the top and bottom flanges, but you'll only gain maybe an inch, total.

southpier

Expedition Leader
quite a nicely done and well thought out addition it is, too.

Q: how are you going to keep the brightwork from getting the living be-jeepers scratched out of it?

JCDriller

Adventurer
quite a nicely done and well thought out addition it is, too.

Q: how are you going to keep the brightwork from getting the living be-jeepers scratched out of it?

Here shortly I'm going to take my wife's carpeted rear cargo mat out of her limited (she got my all weather mat out of my trail) and cut it down to fit the top of the box and driver's side wing. Then have an upholstry shop sow some piping around the edges and I'll secure it with a few button snaps. Should look nice and finished with the 4runner logo. However, I do expect it to get dinged up. I can always touch it up with more stain and varnish. I used materials from General Finishes, they make an amazing water based product with no smell, so If I need to touch up the box I don't even have to remove it from the vehicle. I figured worse case scenario I can sand it and paint it with deckover like my last 2 builds.

JCDriller

Adventurer
Did you make the mechanism to drop the fridge or is it something you can buy off the shelf?

I didn't make it, it's sold out of Australia by a company called clear view mirrors. The drop slide itself is the Easy Slide 100 Plus, they have multiple sizes for different fridges. Best part is it was around $600 shipped. I got in contact with them via their website. The slide is VERY well built and crash tested, but it is heavy (like 88lbs heavy).

https://store-clearviewmirrors.com.au/index.php?route=product/product&path=17&product_id=52

SSSSTFIRE

Adventurer
Very cool option for rollers. The housing rating is 32* at its lowest, wouldn't that make it not well suited for winter use?

That only applies to the nylon ball and nylon housings. Most of the countersunk transfers are steel or zinc.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior