Post up your drawer/storage system

Pickup Truck Bed Storage System

Here's a few photos of my setup...

I am by no means an expert carpenter, this was made with basic tools (circular saw, jig saw) and basic materials (PT Lumber and Plywood). I will be getting a cap to shelter everything from the elements but for now it is relatively water "resistant". Everything in the drawers stays dry, stuff in the two hatch compartments gets wet after serious rainfall.

If you're interested there's more info/details and photos on my build thread

IMG_0567-Optimized.JPG

IMG_0568-Optimized.JPG

IMG_0569-Optimized.JPG

IMG_0570-Optimized.JPG

IMG_0571-Optimized.JPG

IMG_0577-Optimized.JPG

IMG_0578-Optimized.JPG

IMG_0579-Optimized.JPG

IMG_0583-Optimized.JPG

IMG_0584-Optimized.JPG

ismael D

Adventurer
Here's a few photos of my setup...

I am by no means an expert carpenter, this was made with basic tools (circular saw, jig saw) and basic materials (PT Lumber and Plywood). I will be getting a cap to shelter everything from the elements but for now it is relatively water "resistant". Everything in the drawers stays dry, stuff in the two hatch compartments gets wet after serious rainfall.

If you're interested there's more info/details and photos on my build thread

View attachment 176575

View attachment 176576

View attachment 176577

View attachment 176578

View attachment 176579

View attachment 176580

View attachment 176581

View attachment 176582

View attachment 176583

View attachment 176584

Nice storage

Dazrin

Adventurer
Working on storage for my 80. I'll post more pics when I'm done. I decided to go with metal instead of wood this time around. Metal is far more forgiving IMO. If you don't know how to weld I would consider picking up beginner gear and using a storage platform as a first project. By the time you're done you'll be ready to tackle bumpers, sliders, etc...

Build thread is here and pics are below.
Close enough:
LandCruiser007_zps8e14a5ce.jpg

You might try propping up the back of the 2nd row seats with a small block of 2x4. It will make the 2nd row seats essentially level. See post 15 of this thread on Mud for my inspiration. Post 1 has a couple pictures that show how level the seats become. http://forum.ih8mud.com/showpost.php?p=7651757

I have used this trick with a 1.5 inch length of 2x4 (no notches like in the link) just laying on top of the floor mounts and it makes the second row seats almost flat. Much better than without it. I suppose the notches help keep the weight off the 2nd row mount, but I don't think they are necessary.

Jus4fun

DynaMat.jpg
OK, 2013 Toyota 4runner TE with sliding rear tray and floor covering removed, light bed liner coat and dynamat xtreme installed. How and with what material should I build supports/ribs for the flooring to go on top. I am using Baltic Birch 3/4" for the floor and there is 1" to the floor due to a tub pattern of the underbody. I would be grateful for any suggestions.

Harald Hansen

Explorer
I built this in 2009:

Here's my storage system in the Disco:

lastet_bak_disco.jpg

Sorry about the Norwegian captions. I'll explain:

The shelves and walls are made out of 12 mm plywood. The walls have cutouts to save weight. Behind the cooler there's a wall to stiffen the construction sideways. Most of the center of this wall is cut out. The construction is both screwed and glued.

What you can see is and off-brand aluminium box, a couple of standard Euro-size industrial crates, a Norwegian military water can, chairs and tables and the cooler on a home-made slideout. The drawer slides go out about half a metre, just enough that the cooler lid can be opened.

It's been field tested this summer on a 6000 km trip through Europe and around the Pyrenees. Approx 500 km on bad road and trails. Nothing broke, and no squeaks or rattles developed.

I've since used it from 6000 more kms around Europe, and 3000 kms on roads and tracks in Iceland. It still holds together, and still no rattles or squeaks. I think I can safely recommend this type of simple construction from a durability point of view.

Wilbah

Adventurer
Such great ideas here....thanks to everyone who shared their builds!! I know I speak for many when I say I/we really appreciate it!

Our 94 Landcruiser, 54" drawer, water tank and stuffable side storage pockets. Forward box is in construction and will house the water pump, filter, heater and shower unit as well as room for vehicle tools/repair parts and extra bedding.

8442238447_e3f58c4900_o.jpg

Last edited:

tookstar154

Observer
Simple storage platform built in my 2001 Ford Ranger Edge, 2wd 3.0 V6 5spd. Not much of an expo guy, rig is my DD, along with my vehicle for surf trips all over California.

2013-09-11 12.32.56.jpg2013-09-04 18.19.38.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94