Post up your drawer/storage system

Ribofunk

Ribofunk, that's great work! But I'm curious why you decided to box in the fridge. Seems like you're needlessly giving up some cu.in. space.

Small stuff goes on top of the fridge that you do not have to move when the fridge is extended, and nothing falls behind the fridge when you slide it out. You can essentially pack the open space tight and never have to move anything when you move the fridge. In my mind, if you didn't box it you're giving up all the space above the fridge and constantly retrieving stuff from behind the fridge.

matthewp

Combat Truck Monkey
Ribofunk, when do you get started on one of those for my FJ?:elkgrin: Seriously, that is top shelf work there!:drool:

fireball

Explorer
Looks nice! FWIW, I have built a few drawer systems now and have had a lot of success using just a single locking slide, on up to a 40" slide. These are allegis/accuride slides. No need for two locking units, will save you a few dollars and the hassle of deploying two locking mechanisms.

Also, the ARB slide has a perfect niche in the side to house 3/4" plywood. This will make sure to maximize the available space. You have a good bit of dead space around the fridge, at least for our crew and our packing habits we need every last inch of available space!

IMG_2308.jpg

IMG_2312.jpg

IMG_2681.jpg

Yuman Desert Rat

Expedition Leader
Small stuff goes on top of the fridge that you do not have to move when the fridge is extended, and nothing falls behind the fridge when you slide it out. You can essentially pack the open space tight and never have to move anything when you move the fridge. In my mind, if you didn't box it you're giving up all the space above the fridge and constantly retrieving stuff from behind the fridge.

I thought about the same with my setup too but absolutely agree. It protects the fridge, allows you to pack around it and still have access to the fridge, keeps gear from getting stuck down in the moving parts and most importantly allows for adequate airflow for the compressor to run properly and efficiently. Great build. I keep toying with the idea of adding ventilation holes to mine....

Last edited:

Yuman Desert Rat

Expedition Leader
Beautiful dog, BTW.....

Looks nice! FWIW, I have built a few drawer systems now and have had a lot of success using just a single locking slide, on up to a 40" slide. These are allegis/accuride slides. No need for two locking units, will save you a few dollars and the hassle ofb deploying two locking mechanisms.

Also, the ARB slide has a perfect niche in the side to house 3/4" plywood. This will make sure to maximize the available space. You have a good bit of dead space around the fridge, at least for our crew and our packing habits we need every last inch of available space!

View attachment 284115

View attachment 284116

View attachment 284117

Honu

lost on the mainland
fireballs dog is thinking MAN I am so close to that fridge I can smell it :) its right there I can see it with my X-ray eyes :)

fireball

Explorer
Funny story... there are side wings/access panels under the cargo box. We like to keep Keirin's food under the wing that he sits under. Problem is he then spends all his time sniffing at the carpet and trying to dig it up to get to his food and treats! So they had to be relocated to inside the drawer box so he'd stop fussing after it!

Incidentally, here are some quick pics of the drawer slide I made for the 80-series cargo box setup. This is super simple, but a very nice solution at ~$200 in materials. If you can cut a piece of aluminum to size and drill some holes, you can build your own nice slide.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1431397804.628463.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1431397822.297209.jpg

20150509_121758-jpg.1074402

Boost Creep

Adventurer
hey fireball, is that a ladder on a swing out? if it is thats a fantastic idea and solves my problem of how to mount a ladder for the rear of my yukon with a lift gate. got any more pics of it?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior