Need Advice: Howling Moon Trailer Tent versus Eezi Awn Trailer tent

mtntrekker

Observer
Looking at which trailer tent to go with to mount on my Sierra trailer. The height to the top of the rack is 62 inches.
I like the Howling Moon tents expandability if you want to add more rooms to it.
Looking for pros and cons to each tent.
Thank you for your advice.

antarctican

Observer
Just sold my Howling moon. Pros: built to last out of top grade parts, canvas is out of this world thick, every side has multiple flaps that open each with its own netting, you can have your door on any of the 3 sides. Cons: ropes used to stake it down every 4 feet means it takes a long time to set up (45 mins), a little difficult to flip it out if you don't have some muscle or elderly due to weight, because it is so well constructed it is HEAVY. You should compare the weight of the two you are considering. I sold mine because it was a lot of effort and time to set up especially if camping for only 1 or 2 nights, it was better suited for a 3 day or more long camping trip or a base camp for extended stays. Very well built unit though.

Also, at 62 inches the sides may not touch the ground and the bottom will droop. If you look closely at photos of it, you will see what I mean.

MANUCHAO

Aventurero
If you go with an Eeze Awn know that the vinyl cover is good for about 4-5 years due to UV ray damage and then it has to be replaced at the owners expense.
I had an eeze awn great tent but ours was just too big for only two peeps.....
Other than that no issues...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles