Two hours away from Las Vegas in a Range Rover Classic LWB

Mr. D

Adventurer
awesome vehicle and great narrative
was the pot belly stove burning in the goodsprings saloon

JeepsterJohn

From the La Madre side of Rocky Gap, there is now an ugly rock garden on the other side of the peak. It's passable with a high clearance stock vehicle, but you should be prepared for some thumping. It gets worse there each year.

I took this route yesterday (29 Dec 12) and spent approximately 4.5 hours stacking rocks to get my Stock Jeep JK Unlimted through the "rock garden". Ended up getting out with only a moderate amount of skid rash. I would not take a stock Wrangler Unlimted in there again, a 2 door might not have as much difficulty as most challenges were to avoid high-centering the vehicle.

Yes, it was actually, nice and toasty in there, and they were so nice there that they even let my black Lab Colby inside to take a quick look around! Thanks for the kind words as well. Our next local Las Vegas mini-adveture will be in an authentic 1995 Camel Trophy Discovery that we got our hands on. We will probaply be taking it to centeral Nevada to check out some ghost towns up and around there. I will have the story in a couple of weeks...stay tuned!

Vegas_Nick

Adventurer
Just FYI that the entire area around the Gypsum mines are closed/no trespassing/no vehicles allowed by BLM. That is one way to get a BIG ticket if you get caught up there. It's a shame because there are some awesome trails but people have made such ****************** out of themselves up there, the BLM closed it. Yes, there is access but don't get caught doing it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles