Used Truck Search Resources

NothingClever

Explorer
ford dodge or chevy? old new, lots of miles ok? able to work on it? project or good to go? budget?

i get bored at work occasionally and don't mind helping a brother out that has protected my freedom.

Ford and I might be warming up to the Dodge (even though I'm disappointed they required a bailout). No Chevy or GMC.

I'm looking at a 200k cut-off for miles if I go with a 7.3-gen Ford. If I pick a late model 6.0 liter Ford, then sub-100k miles because that's about when the EGR problems start.

EDIT: I've been focused on the later model F-series because of the coil-sprung front suspension. Given I need a long-bed, I'd rather not have my turning radius further compromised by the leaf-sprung 7.3 series Fords.

No, can't take on a project truck. I need to find one in great health already and ship it to California to have a flatbed and a new, squeaky-clean, pop-up camper installed. I intend to have some Carli jewelry installed at the pop-up manufacturer and then drive it down to Mesa, Az for some Bulletproof Diesel doo-dads then enjoy some post-deployment vacation for ~40 days.

I've been fixated on a diesel because I want to tow my wife's Subaru Outback on vacation in the coming years and also because I've wanted a single-source fueling solution for the truck and camper (the pop-up we're getting uses diesel appliances).

Perhaps I could opt for a gasser and solve a lot of my problems.

I'm not ready to buy just this second so, really, just trying to understand where everybody searches. Thanks for the offer though!

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FranklinDufresne