Tacticool MT830: the ZAVurban

TechNoir

Observer
I finally aligned the truck and went to max height on the front keys , also ordered a k&n tube, filter and couplers for improving the intake system a bit, hope to take a few pics soon .

TechNoir

Observer
532269_507137419344148_1330426850_n.jpg
521598_504844202906803_1167591704_n.jpg

got my battery and intake in . finally got time to take some pix... my plans are going slowly but going...i thought of removing the plastic "protection" on the body and the step bars and trimming the front valance but im not sure i "need" to.

TechNoir

Observer
haha, it's just a tongue in cheek "cool speak" way to say a "something ************ looking that is still useful and i can do whatever is thrown in the mix'' vehicle. and can be used to run over zombies if need be haha.

TechNoir

Observer
well, haven't updated in a bit, I moved from sw florida to Greenville SC , got a free "Good Hood" painted the truck satin black after a bit of camo action, trimmed my bumper n stuff, have to adjust the hood ... i'm wondering what shocks I should get for it now? what its lifted 2'' in the front and 1.5'' rear but its a Z71 model , ??? any suggestions?

557969_558260730898483_166371816_n.jpg

TechNoir

Observer
you know I did want bilsteins , but when I looked on jegs or summit for the 2.00 or 2.5 inch lifted shocks they were not suggested. I did see some that were remote reservoir and everything that seemed interesting but were not suggested for my "lift", i'd also like to find some sway bar endlinks that are longer or adjustable.... ok nevermind, found the bilstein 5100 , which seem like they will work.

Last edited:

chilliwak

Expedition Leader
Hey Tech you can get Bilsteins in almost any length and variation that you need. Cycle your suspension from top to bottom of travel and measure the distance and order the shock you need accordingly. I just ordered front 5100s for a 2 inch front lift and they sent me 5125s. They work perfect with the maximum hardness setting.:)

TechNoir

Observer
ok cool, know any place that sells longer (and stronger ?) sway bar endlinks ? I also want to do urethane bushings throughout .

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles