Ducati Monster, Whitehorse to Quebec, 6200km

whitehorse

Observer
IMG_0302.JPG

may 28, 2012, heading south at Muncho Lake BC. Yep, Its possible (there are 5 of us in the Yukon on Ducati's), and yes, we do the Dempster :). I had some Vacation time to burn...so, clearly an 8 day dash east was in the offing. Long days, but so worth it to run the rocky mountains on a sporting bike!

Nick and Emily
'95 Bronc, 351w
'95 MB GD250 ex-German Army

whitehorse

Observer
IMG_0301.JPGIMG_0305.JPG

I was camping, hence the heavy load in back (well, not heavy, just bulky) due to the early departure date from Whitehorse, I had a few different types of gear. Temperatures on the trip ranged from -10 overnight (Upper Liard) to + 25 in Sask. (all in Cel.)

whitehorse

Observer
You know?

pretty good, I did two mods, bar risers (about 2 inches) and a small windscreen. I would install an aftermarket seat, or use an airhawk pad IMG_0152.jpg

whitehorse

Observer
View attachment 137362

My other ride....this is what i do for work, so I'm used to "saddle time", If I ran it again, then yes, mod the seat for sure. Bike was flawless and a joy to make the run on , tire wear was predictable, and she used really no oil at all. I performed only standard service (plus a new chain) before i left.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles