Bahrain

Is there any decent places to go around here? I've seen a couple of modded out Defenders, a Toyota Land Cruiser with an abundance of ARB parts, a couple Middle Eastern men in lifted Wranglers (I think they were more for show than anything). I know there's plenty of desert down south but I was wondering if anyone actually gets together of if there are any "clubs".

Guess not.

Well, I'm here. If anyone else is "fortunate" enough to spend some time in this "beautiful" country with their off road vehicles, PM me or post or e-mail...whatever...just get a hold of me. I'm just going to drive around until I find something. If worse comes to worst then I will just do what I did with my Yaris rental and drive through random open lots to avoid traffic.

Note:

If you come here the inspections are ridiculous. Ensure you have stock parts on stand by. I had to drop my 4" lift down to stock, put stock wheels on and a stock bumper. Got it inspected then put my mods back on.

Gunnslinger

Adventurer
I lived in Bahrain for nine years. It is not really a place for camping or off roading. We currently live in the UAE. Camping is great here if you have the time. Mountains, dunes, beaches, wadis; lots of places to explore. The best areas are in Oman.

vabluefish

Observer
That bad? If I bring a 4runner with a mild modifications, I'd need to revert everything to stock? Is there a difference if I'm there for US Gov, and only for a year?
Also, is there any cheap land rovers or similar type vehicles i could buy rather then bringing over my own?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles