Leveling Kit

SUP Dude

Has anyone tried the leveling kit on a Suburban 2500 with success? I ordered the 2 inch kit and am hoping it is easy to install as they say.. Any feedback would be much appreciated!

Thanks!

legendaryandrew

Adventurer
No real experience with that specifically, but from years of other kinds of suspension experience, I'd say it wont be that bad, but it WILL be 5x harder than the instructions make it sound. There will be rusted bolts, holes that wont line up with new aftermarket parts, busted knuckles, and prodigious swearing. Beyond that, probably a good afternoon of beer and wishing you were doing something else.... Hehe really though, just watch out for the torsion bars. I hear tensioning them can be dangerous.

Rovertrader

Supporting Sponsor
We did our '00 2500 w/ keys, shock extensions, new shocks all around, and rear air bags for towing in half day with two guys and decent tools. Don't forget to get her realigned when finished.

Buliwyf

Viking with a Hammer
Just stay conservative with the keys and cranking. Airbags on the rear to stay level. Use longer new shocks, not lengtheners. Bilstein or BDS monotubes are GTG.

Rovertrader

Supporting Sponsor
I guess I was hedging my bet as I did Bilsteins with the ext on the fronts in the event I went back to stock, but not likely...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FranklinDufresne