Newbie trailer build

jonesw3

Adventurer
I came across a good deal on trailer that has potential. I want something that i can take down mild trails and Forrest service roads. This should be a good start
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1356483606.969193.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1356483619.133503.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1356483636.855061.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1356483676.627746.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1356483695.983780.jpg

Its a little bigger than I wanted but i got a great deal on it. Any ideas, tips, or suggestions are welcomed.
Thanks!

Titanpat57

Expedition Leader
That's what we commonly refer to as "tons of potential"...good luck, nice platform moving forward.:wings:

loren85022

Explorer
I have a similar Fiberglas util-body minus the tubtop. We love it. It's a great platform to build on. Assuming you're keeping the top, it would make a great place for hauling/storing gear. Perhaps a sleep area. Kitchen of some type. We have the RTT above for kids/dogs. Building a robust frame/suspension is your likely first move.

k9lestat

Expedition Leader
why cant i ever find things like this. that is exactly what my economically challenged behind has been searching for. good luck with your build cant wait to see it.

huntinhick

I think in my case it is why can't I find things like that when I have money!! I love the fiberglass cap. it would be great to mount a kayak rack and an awning on it. sleep inside and have the kitchen in the side under the awning!

jonesw3

Adventurer
Huntin,
That's exactly what i was planning on doing. The slide outs will make a perfect kitchen.

jeepxj13

Adventurer
Look like an old vet trailer, I've been looking around for on for the wife and you got one steal of a deal. They also make them that set in a truck bed. I agree with turning the slid out into a kitchen. Put some suspension on it and it will be ready to ride. Tons of storage and a mini hot water heater would fit to.

jonesw3

Adventurer
I was able to work on it a little bit today. I got the inside primed and the frame for the thing platform built. Its going to be a slow process because funds are limited right now. I will post more pictures in a few days.

Chili

Explorer
What's the interior bed length of that.. Appears to be long enough to sleep in? That thing is FANTASTIC!! I'd throw a cot in it and get out there now in it. :p

jonesw3

Adventurer
The inside length is a little over 8ft. I am in the process of building a bed with storage underneath and there will still be almost 2 feet of standing room by the door.

jonesw3

Adventurer
I got the bottom half insulated and the carpet in this morning. I am just about finished with the bed frame. I have get a chance to try it out tonight. I will let yall know how it goes.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1356898645.575725.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior