1960 Land Rover Series 2 109 Station Wagon...SOLD

mongosd2

Adventurer
SOLD!
Posting for a friend...

FOR SALE - 1960 Land Rover Series II 109 Station Wagon 164000620 (#620/1267)

With great reluctance I need to sell my 1960 Land Rover Series II 109 five door Station Wagon. I just can't keep up and maintain five Land Rovers. I am owner 2.5 of this Land Rover and I have owned it since 1979. It was my daily driver for 15 years until 1994 when I bought a Discovery. It is now driven as a fun truck when the Arizona temperature is below 100F. This is an exceptionally well maintained Land Rover. It has a meticulously rebuilt SIIA engine with the head milled to 8:1, hardened values, spin-on oil filter, Petronix ignition, Rochester carb, alternator, and a Fairey overdrive. Aside from the engine it is bone stock. The stock upholstery has been recovered by a local shop and the headliner is in the process of being replaced. Every time something needed to be fixed or replaced it was done with original Land Rover parts. All receipts and work orders since 1979. I also have a copy of the original build sheet. No SPOTS here. First hit of the brakes brings you to a stop - second pump will lock up the brakes and almost put you through the windshield. It will cruise all day long at 70MPH+ (except uphill of course). It comes with five BFG 235/85X16 ATs with lots of tread. There would be no problem pulling out of the garage and driving across country right now.

This Land Rover carried me and my family all over Arizona and northern Mexico on off-highway adventure camping trips, but it has never been used for serious off-roading or taken on rock-crawling trips. It has never been in an accident and is a completely rust free Arizona truck. While it has always been garaged this truck is NOT being sold as a pristine, showroom condition vehicle. It is 52 years old and could use door seals, window channels, check straps, and a few other very minor things. This Land Rover would make an excellent Classic to drive, a solid base for a complete concours restoration, or the expedition truck of your dreams. For sale at the fair price of $13,500.

Photos here -- http://www.flickr.com/photos/49338500@N08/sets/

Rob Modica, Tucson AZ
'51 Series I 80" 16136629 Bronze Green
'60 Series II 109" Station Wagon 164000620 Sand
'66 Series IIA 109 Regular 25412045B White
'94 Series V 92" #1919 AA Yellow
'94 Disco 5spd Alpine White
www.AZLRO.org
A Land Rover owner since 1973

azlrover@gmail.com

Last edited:

4xdog

Explorer
Must resist...

I already have one fifty year old British vehicle (a TR3). You think I'd get it out of my system, but, man, this one looks nice!

Don

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles