Update to Wyatt's Fundraiser 1 Week To Go...

Desertoutpost

Adventurer
Okay just an update to Wyatt’s Fund raiser of 2007. There is 1 week to go and he has been bumped to 2nd place in the standings. He has not reached his goal and is a ways off. If you have helped, thank you very much. If you are thinking of helping we could use your support, in a big way! Just go to the link in my sig and follow the, “Donate now” button!!

For 2007 Wyatt picked the Wildlife Warriors Foundation for his charity to raise money for. This organization was started by Steve Irwin and is contiued today with the same ideas and conservation methods adopted by Steve Irwin. On November 15, 2007 we have pledged to wear Khaki and honor Steve's animal conservation and raise money for the cause.

It has been a little slow because Wyatt broke his right wrist pretty bad and has been in a full arm cast, (fingers to shoulder) for many weeks now. Because of the cast, it has lowered his spirits a little and his fund raising has taken the hit, although with only a week to go he is starting to it the pavement!

For those that do not know, Wyatt gets only the satisfaction of doing the right thing, he gets no prizes, money, or candy for doing this, it is all spiritual so to speak. I have supported him in his choice and will help him how ever I can. I'm sure most of you will meet the little guy one of these days because he is a very adventurous 9 year old, (who has a birthday in two weeks), and explores with me on ALL my journeys, he can’t wait for the meet and greet in San Diego.

Thanks for your help!

DSC_0164.jpg

DesertRose

Safari Chick & Supporting Sponsor
We are proud to support Wyatt's fundraiser - but in the end, it's not about the total amounts, and Wyatt should be really, really proud of his efforts.

After all, 90% of the adults we know never step out of their own lives and choose to do something for others - it's terrific that Wyatt is starting so young!

Desertoutpost

Adventurer
Thank you so much for the continued support you and Jonathan have given Wyatt, it just shows how incredible you both really are!

I also want to thank "Gear" for their morning contribution, I understand your wanting to remain silent with your donations, but Wyatt and I thought we should say thanks for helping out the animals. Also just another thank you to all of the Portal members who have helped in Wyatts charity!

Thanks again! :wings:

Desertoutpost

Adventurer
Wow another great donation from an Expo member!! It was a biggy!!!Wow you guys and gals rock, showing your true giving spirit to help my son!! A true class act you all are, thank you again for making a difference in my sons life!!!

Thanks again Suntinez!! :wings:

Desertoutpost

Adventurer
Ursidae69 said:
Bump to Wyatt's fundraiser, only a few more days until the big day. :)

Thanks very much for being a part of this! Support and awareness comes in many shapes, sizes, words and donations, as long as everyone does something then it is a grand accomplishment! Thanks again Chuck for your continued support and donation!:)

Desertoutpost

Adventurer
Sorry, not beating a dead horse but this was posted by Wyatt and I today on the front page of Everyday Hero's web site, a little advertisement for ya Scott!!

Today marks the count down, two days left!

Wyatt and I would like to extend a huge thank you to the members of ExpeditionPortal.com for making this a hug priority to them. The help and donations given by the members has exceeded any and all expectations we could have ever dreamed of. Because of the amazing generosity of an anonymous person Wyatt has reached and exceeded his goal. Wyatt was floored when he saw this donation, even brought him to tears of complete JOY!! He told me he was not going to stop because of reaching his goal, but continue to get more donations for the animals until the deadline.

His broken wrist is healing and should be going into a half cast at the end of the week. He has missed all his football games but been there to support his team! He has missed his clarinet lessons and band practice but still holds a seat in the band when he is better.

Thank you again for every single donation that has been given for the animals. Remember even though the money has been given there is more you can do. Thanks again for all the support monetarily, emotionally, and physically!!!!!

CROCS RULE!!!!

Please Visit--> http://www.expeditionportal.com/

To the anonymous donor I thank you, it was over the top, you my friend are a true giver! What an honor to share the same forum with such a person. Thank you again! If anyone wants to see what I'm talking about take a look at the large donation from someone on the portal, just click the link in my sig line, scroll down and have a go at that beauty!

DesertRose

Safari Chick & Supporting Sponsor
That is so cool, congratulations - :wings: - what a great thing, and I couldn't agree more - Expedition Portal members are unbelievably generous.

Can't wait til Khaki Day - oh wait, I always wear khaki!

Well, here's to our own Men In Khaki, too - and women.

Tomorrow (and every day) will be a great day to reflect on what we care about and to ask ourselves: am I doing something about it?

Maybe we should wear stickers that say: Ask me why I'm wearing khaki today!

(Jonathan: you can't answer, "Um, because it's the only color I own.")

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
norcalmaier