My Ford Excursion - Zombie Apocolypse/Expedition Vehicle

95RRC

Adventurer
Going a new way towards a bigger camper trailer - so picked this up recently...

6.0 Power Stroke Turbo Diesel
4" Custom Lift
37" Toyo tires
20" Eagle Rims
Edelbrock extended travel shocks
4" Magnaflow Exhaust
Custom Audio/Visual system - 5 monitors
1000watt inverter
Dual Batteries
Warn Front Bumper
Warn 12K Winch
Warn HID Spot lights (2 large/2Mid)
Warn HID Fog Lights
XRF systems full HD front end (tie rods etc etc)

Attachments

• RH View.jpg
    RH View.jpg
    102.2 KB · Views: 118
  • RHS 4.jpg
    RHS 4.jpg
    104.7 KB · Views: 82
  • LH Front.jpg
    LH Front.jpg
    102.5 KB · Views: 67
  • DSC05749.jpg
    DSC05749.jpg
    148.6 KB · Views: 67

95RRC

Adventurer
Satellite TV...hehe...actually, I bought it with that on - but sold it. Yes the truck came from Texas (celebrity owned actually) and no it is now in Northern VA.

I have no plans for anything other than putting an ARB fridge in it for the extended trips. As you can see....nothing to do.

Alaskan1Ton

Observer
nice rig!................too freakin nice!, Have fun actually trying to take that thing anywhere off the highway without freaking out when the first branch scrapes down the side!!

NOT trying to be negative here, its just to nice for me to actually "use" that truck.

bjm206

Adventurer
Very nice Ex, these trucks really benefit from differential (locker/LSD) upgrades. Given its size you will pick up some new pin stripes etc. from time to time...they give the truck character!

poriggity

Explorer
You say there's nothing to do, but I can think of at least a couple things.. Needs better tires for dirt use, and those running boards are either going to be ripped off in the dirt, or you can take them off now and save yourself headache later. Very nice truck, but they always need SOMETHING, especially if you plan to make it your own.
Scott

wpnaes

I'm a big fan of desert pinstriping on an Ex :sombrero:.
Indeed the running boards catch on rocks, but they bend back into shape.
That truck will get you around the trails easily and in comfort - have fun!
Ford Stuff (11).jpg
Various Aidie and friends (40).jpg
Christmas 2010 Desert6 (3).jpg

Greggk

ZombieSoldier
start saving for the EGR/oil cooler delete, and headgasket job with studs. Thats almost $5,000 to do, due to the cab having to come off the frame to do the job corectly

95RRC

Adventurer
the EGR delete is illegal in most states - it is in VA...now the truck doesn't have to have the emissions inspection due to size but - it is still illegal and may have issues with re-sale??? Dunno.

I actually don't wheel it very hard, like some here obviously do. I have another vehicle that is quite capable off road - anywhere/anytime/EVERYWHERE...not too many can go where she goes.

The EX is my hauler and family vacation truck due to its size (an other attributes) there are WAY too many limitations to offroad it where one would want to go if truly you go to places where you would be really "wheeling"

Attachments

• Bitsie3.jpg
    Bitsie3.jpg
    226 KB · Views: 22
  • Bitsie8.jpg
    Bitsie8.jpg
    286.9 KB · Views: 23

mmuthart

Observer
Beautiful truck. Here's mine I picked in May. I've made a few mods to my 6.0 PSD to avoid any potential issues. If you haven't done your home work on the 6.0 you need to read up at www.powerstroke.org. At a minimum, you need to get a device that plugs into your OBDII port (I got an Edge Insight) so you can monitor your Engine Coolant Temp and Engine Oil Temperature. You need to monitor the difference between the two. A delta of 15 degrees or greater indicates a clogging EGR cooler. Clogged EGR coolers cause all the nightmares you hear about with the 6.0. You can unplug your EGR valve for now. Do the research. Head studs are not necessary and neither is the 5k in additional funds for a reliable 6.0 PSD. Good luck.

Attachments

• Excursion_1.jpg
    Excursion_1.jpg
    405.4 KB · Views: 17
Last edited:

Greggk

ZombieSoldier
Beautiful truck. Here's mine I picked in May. I've made a few mods to my 6.0 PSD to avoid any potential issues. If you haven't done your home work on the 6.0 you need to read up at www.powerstroke.org. At a minimum, you need to get a device that plugs into your OBDII port (I got an Edge Insight) so you can monitor your Engine Coolant Temp and Engine Oil Temperature. You need to monitor the difference between the two. A delta of 15 degrees or greater indicates a clogging EGR cooler. Clogged EGR coolers cause all the nightmares you hear about with the 6.0. You can unplug your EGR valve for now. Do the research. Head studs are not necessary and neither is the 5k in additional funds for a reliable 6.0 PSD. Good luck.

actually the cost of doing the EGR/ oil cooler delete, along with the rest of the bulletproofing will cost you $5,000 if you have it done at a professional shop. Head studs are recommended due to the fewer amount of headbolts that the 6.0's have. 6.0's do like to flip head gaskets, so you might as well do the studs when they get changed out. FICM's are picky. make sure you replace the fuel spring with the blue one. upgrade to 6.4 banjo's. I have been around the Powerstroke community for quite a bit and am very familiar with the 6.0, I am actually in the process of picking up my 6.0 in a few weeks.

2003 F350 6.0, It is studded, and deleted, SCT X3 w/TSD custom tunes, Insight CTS w/EAS egt and Turbo Timer, Herculese 100 FICM tune by Bill at PHP, 6.4 banjos, blue springs, coolant filter, straight pipe dual exhaust, has a Mad Turbo Werks stage 2 turbo, S&B CAI, GoGo Solenoid, 325/65/18 Cooper STT's, 18" Black XD Monsters and a few other things. It put down 430 RWHP and 913 rwtorque before the stage2 turbo. Needs new tunes and new sticks and I will be north of 500rwhp. once we do the new sticks and tunes, i will also throw on some meth.
A8C31933.jpg
0E082438.jpg

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles