Thread: Recommend a light pop up with some amenities

Hybrid View

Default Recommend a light pop up with some amenities

I'm not interested in a "off road" trailer, but a popup or hardside trailer that has a water heater and a fridge.

I know there are some light ones out there - anyone have a particular model or year they like and or have experience with? Old is fine - I'm looking for a cheap place I can sleep, shower, and $hit until I get another RV. Obviously I'll be running a porta potty and an external shower, but a water pump and water heater are a requirement.

I'm towing with a TJ so around 2K is my weight limit.

Thanks,

Jeff

where you located? I have one with all new canvas I would sell ya cheap!
    Ron Douglas

California. Pm me some details.

Hard sides look at the Aliner, they set up super fast. If you don't have a lot of people they are great. The other one that is my favorite is: Fleetwood, the Evolution series is very sweet.

http://www.fleetwoodcampingtrailers....3&sn=Evolution

http://showroom.aliner.com/showroom/showfloorplans/1

Sorry I missed the CHEAP part, lol. That's the only reason a Evolution isn't sitting at my drive way. There are plenty of 90's model popup's that have the options you seek. Keep a look out on Craigslist. This is the time of the year to buy.
    Last edited by highlandercj-7; 11-14-2007 at 03:48 PM.
    Highlandercj-7

"If you don't stand behind our troops, Feel free to stand in front of them"

...There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag... We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language... and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people.'
    Theodore Roosevelt 1907

Quote Originally Posted by Colorado Ron
    where you located? I have one with all new canvas I would sell ya cheap!
    Im in CO and might be interested, (if paradiddle isnt, hes got 1st dibs) pm me some details or pics if you have a chance
    '04 4Runner SR5 4WD- 5100's and Duratracs...so far
    '96 Honda XR 250 with some goodies
    Every good story begins with a great adventure.

www.NELSONIMAGES.com

I've been lurking for some time. But only one pop-up comes to mind. Its similarly setup like a RTT and its the Livin'Lite Truck camper. Put this on a custom frame and adjust the frame height as necessary for clearance as well as convenience to get in/out.

Livin'Lite Truck Camper

Do note, they are expensive for a box that opens up (~$2500 or better). I think they would sell if they were under $2k. I looked at being a seller, but they have some requirements to represent that I couldn't commit to. Some mods to the sides of the box will gain you interior access under the benches.
    Mike
    Jagular7
    Lnxa, KS