2011 Chevy 3500 Dually build w/H1 24 bolt wheels

Rykstone

Navy Rescue Swimmer
Here it is. My 2011, LML Duramax, 3500HD Dually build thread. This is what the rig started out as.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    113 KB · Views: 88

Rykstone

Navy Rescue Swimmer
Here are a couple pics after we installed the 4-6" Cognito lift and picking up the H1 tires/wheels at the freight terminalimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

Rykstone

Navy Rescue Swimmer
So here we are putting the truck on the jacks earlier today.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    508.5 KB · Views: 71
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    514.7 KB · Views: 52
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    515.7 KB · Views: 55

Rykstone

Navy Rescue Swimmer
Here is a 12 bolt H1 wheel put up for size. We are using the 24 bolt offset rim though.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    522.5 KB · Views: 91

Rykstone

Navy Rescue Swimmer
Now, we re stuck right now till our 24 bolt rims get out of the machine shop. We are having to recenter the wheels because we have an 8x210 bolt pattern.

Rykstone

Navy Rescue Swimmer
Great question. This is only the begining of my overland vehicle. I am going to be adding a Titan ii Road Armor front bumper as well as a Road Armor rear. 16.5 warn winch in the front and 9K on the rear. Leer camper shell. Custom rear tire carrier that will be mounted on the left side of my tailgate. I am going to build a custom ladder that is going to be welded to my swing Open tire carrier which will rest on te custom roof rack. I am going to add an Oasis on board air compressor as well. 60 gallon Titan fuel tank. Weld up some armor plates for the bottom of the frame rails. Add some Vision-X lights. Add a CB and 2 meter radios. I could keep going but I will add more after I get the aforementioned finished. I would like to have half of that complete before the Overland expo in Arizona next March.

blakeape

Adventurer
Looks like a cool project. I have a friend who runs non re-centered H1's on his 2001 Cummins dually but as a single rear wheel. He just went to the MTR pattern which is E-rated after a few sets of the D-rated MT's and says he is a lot happier. He runs 12 bolts but thinks he should have gone for 24's. Do you plan on running the rears as duals or singles?

Rykstone

Navy Rescue Swimmer
I am going to run a dually rear. I have been bouncing the idea around often since last July when I bought the truck. I am fully confident that after I complete the suspension build and the wheels being machined properly, my decision to stay with the dually rear will be a great one. I want the stability of the dually. I am going to the E-rating tires probably in the summer. I have 8 of the MT's and I have had friends who have never had issues with them. I see it as a hit and miss. Some say they are horrible tires but i disagree if you know anything about wheelin them!

blakeape

Adventurer
Sweet, can't wait to see how the machining on the wheels works out. I have another friend with an 04 d-max who want to do what you are planning and is having a hard time figuring out the rears. I show him this post. I grooved and siped a set of those MT's and it really made a difference. Don't be afraid to get after them with the hot knife!

98dango

Expedition Leader
Nice build i love the use of old military parts. I will be running 37 16.5 on my ramcharger one i get my lift finished up . There are many places to pick up tiers but i would also recommend having a few extras in the shed. Not being a common size should you get a flat or destroy a tire the spair will want a spair when you get home.

rotti

Adventurer
Subscribed.
Will be interested in your review of the lift kit as I have a new 2012 Chevy 2500HD.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles