How about a Overland Quad Section?

newimage

Wood Burner
So how many of you own a 4x4 version of a ATV Quad out there? for Hunting camping or exploring? if so what brand and model and post some pics.

FishPOET

Adventurer
100_0015.jpg

Through the SBNFA OHV Volunteer program I have seat time on following 4x4 ATVs:
Yamaha Grizzly 550
Kawasaki Prairie 700
Yamaha Big Bear 400
Honda Foreman 400
Kawasaki Prairie 360
Suzuki Vinson 500
Polaris Sportsman 500
Honda Rincon 500

IMHO the Yamaha Grizzly 550 with power steering is best of the group.
If I was in the market for a 4x4 ATV I would be looking at the Yamaha Grizzly 660 with power steering.

GroupSe7en

Adventurer
We're thinking about a 4 seater to explore the interior of Newfoundland on our next trip up.

I'd love to see some talk about overlanding quads.

Cheers,
Mark

Alaskan1Ton

Observer
I have just acquired a 2005 Arctic Cat 650 Twin 4x4 ATV. Its got brand new rims and ITP MudLite tires, Winch, Brushguard, Front Locker, Rack Bag. I think that ATV's like this are probably the very best vehicle in which to get just about anywhere. The draw backs to these are
1. No protection from the elements
2. Gear and supplies are limited
However if your goal is to get back and away from people the very farthest you possibly can and you can pack light then these are a ton of fun and remarkably agile and capable machines if you are a skilled rider. I have 4-wheeled just about every vehicle possible and I find ATV's to be my favorite. Getting stuck is usually and easy recovery, breakage is minimal, the light weight helps, the open air feeling has a coolness factor.

Christian P.

Expedition Leader
Staff member
great idea...here's the one we have to just play around the house and the lake in Tahoe. Nothing crazy, but a lot of fun for the size/cost (was free!!) ....

:)

173487440591487634_1thumb_550x410.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles