G vs. snow storm

otiswesty

Regular guy
How well does the cabin heater fare in that mil spec cabrio drving in those cold low speed conditions?

whitehorse

Observer
Its great in "normal" winters, warm down to -15 c in the entire cab, in a Yukon winter, like -40c the front stays warm, but the back is pretty cool, then again, I would expect to be dressed for it. It will start, without warm up or starting aids, with winter weight Diesel down to -27c, but expect a looooooong glow plug cycle time.

The heating fan is a bit loud on its full power setting, but hey...its Mil-Spec....It just means that when my lady yells at me when she's driving, (like when I'm being a back seat driver) she has an excuse to yell :wings:

Flanker525

Trust me the civilian blower motors aren't any quieter :)

I 2nd the notion of being properly dressed. In my G I'm always comfortable especially when I'm constantly getting in and out of it during snow storms. In my s-class I always end up getting too hot because it is insulated too well.

Noodlesswe

Observer
also have a 461 short "wolf" with canvas top and as long as it's not colder than -15 it works but you get frost bite on your leg that's located closest to the door as there is no insulation in it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles