Sayulaita day trips and Adventures?

rcharrette

Adventurer
So we are all settled into out new home for the next 3 months here in Sayulita Mexico. Thought I check in with everyone here as I'm sure some of you have been here and maybe have good local knowledge. Just looking for some possible day trip or overnight adventures to do while we are here? May some 4X4 trails, etc?
For now we are enjoying the sun and surf!
Randy
www.velomom.com

RMP&O

Expedition Leader
Does the drainage ditch still reek of sewage? They had some bad plumbing problems there and that ditch reeked of sewage making it undesirable to surf since it dumps right into the bay. This was about 3yrs ago and the locals were hoping the government would fix it.

Sorry no advice for you, I just pasted through the area.

rcharrette

Adventurer
Are you talking about the river bed? If so then no problems at all. Our rental house is actually right near it. All seems well here for now!

RMP&O

Expedition Leader
Are you talking about the river bed? If so then no problems at all. Our rental house is actually right near it. All seems well here for now!

Ya, goes right through town and dumps right into the bay, only one I saw there. More more like a stream than a river.

If they got it all worked out that is great! I wanted to surf there but it just stunk to much.

I am sure you are eating awesome tacos and I am jealous!

Cheers

rcharrette

Adventurer
Day Trip

Made a nice day trip off the tourist path to Nuevo Ixtlan Hot Springs:

I’ll be the first to admit, we can’t relax. We seem to be constantly in motion and if we do sit still we get bored. We’ve tried it before, we’ll head to the beach for a day without kids and try to just lay there for a while and soak in the peace and quiet. Within 10 minutes we are itching to do something. And we wonder why our boys won’t ever sit still. So when we found out about a remote hot springs in the jungle about 40 miles from Saylulita we thought this will be a good adventure. But could we sit for more than 30 minutes in the hot springs?

With this in mind, we decided to take a break from surfing and head inland to check it out. We were not a hundred percent sure we would find it as the directions were a bit vague and then we read different opinions of how the drive in would be ranging from passenger car friendly if driven carefully to a “harrowing” experience in the middle of nowhere. Armed with our ‘directions’ we headed out around 10AM. We headed north on Hwy 200 out of Sayulita looking for a turn called Alta Vista. We knew the approximate mileage where this turn was suppose to be but since their was no “Alta Vista” sign northbound and we went right by it. We turned around after a few miles, headed back south and there was the sign! A left turn onto a dirt road and we had about 20KM of bouncing ahead of us. Although the road was not that bad compared to anything in Costa Rica or typical 4×4 roads in the US.
IMGP5773.jpg
See the rest of the story at: http://velomom.com/learning-to-relax/

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles