Sven Saw folding saw appreciation thread

18seeds

Explorer
I've had one for years just in case i got stranded overnight back country snowmobiling. Very compact and easy to store.

HenryMelair

I've had mine for 30 or 40 years. Absolutely ideal for backpacking and canoeing. Very good for camping. Slices through most wood like butter. A somewhat larger saw might be a better choice for general recovery situations but it's one of those pieces of equipment/clothing that is well thought out, lasts a very long time, and performs it's job well. I'd never knowingly go anywhere without mine (even if I also had a larger saw available).

PaintRock

Adventurer
I have no experience with the Sven Saw, but I am very familiar with the usefulness of a collapsible saw. I use a Wyoming Saw II, (it's a little longer than the regular Wyoming Saw) and I love it. It is probably one of the most important survival items to have in the mountains during winter. The fine tooth blade also works great for cutting hardibacker if you need to cut irregular pieces while repairing a built-in shower.

BigSwede

The Credible Hulk
Love the Sven Saw, so much capability in such a small package...made in USA too, just up the road in Duluth.

4x4mike

Adventurer
Great saw. I've carried one in the back of my vehicle for the past 13 years and it has always performed when needed. I always recommend them to others I travel with.

Stumpalump

Expedition Leader
My little Gerber retractable never leaves my hydration pack. It's not near as nice as this saw but it sees use on trails all the time because theses modern saws blow thru limbs in seconds.

mjmcdowell

Explorer
Sven saw.....

40 years... has lived in my truck, (truck's) of the time, never been on any trip without it, and never will. mjmcdowell

Richietherocket

Adventurer
My wife got me one of these for christmas. It is now in the recovery back and ready for use. Seems like a no brainer tool to have with you.

BIGdaddy

Expedition Leader
Love my Sven saw. I'm likely going ot use it to cut our xmas tree down into firewood soon. :)

BTW, my saw is better than all your all's saws. Mine has been decorated with pink glitter hearts on the handle by my daughters...

Neener-neener. :D :D

08Silverado

Adventurer
Ive had a SVEN for years and it is a great saw!!! I used it to cut down a 14" diameter hickory tree a few years ago as sort of a challenge to my thick skull! It survived the challenge with minimal life left but....it was a few years old at the time.

Buckstopper

Adventurer
I have one in my truck that was my dad's so I know it is well over 40 years old. It weighs next to nothing and takes up little room. I have used it many times in the years that I have had it. Great little saw and a great example of "KISS" engineering and design.

Willman

Looks like a winner to me. I always have to rap my bow in a towel from ripping up everything. Foldable is a huge plus.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94