inside length of '05 unlimited?

goin camping

Explorer
Sorry to ask such a simple question but I could not find the info on the internet.

What is the inside length (Drivers seat to tailgate.) on the 2005 Wrangler (LJ) unlimited?

titleguy

Observer
I have an LJ and can measure for you---obviously this depends on seat position. Also the back of hard top angles forward as it goes up, so you lose space the higher you go. In case you were wondering, it is possible to sleep in the jeep. I have a shelf assembly on the passenger side. I tumble the passenger side seat forward and then I fold out an extension for the platform. Gives me 6'3" of room.

x32792

Adventurer
I have an LJ and can measure for you---obviously this depends on seat position. Also the back of hard top angles forward as it goes up, so you lose space the higher you go. In case you were wondering, it is possible to sleep in the jeep. I have a shelf assembly on the passenger side. I tumble the passenger side seat forward and then I fold out an extension for the platform. Gives me 6'3" of room.

Can you post some photos of your sleeping platform? TIA

goin camping

Explorer

I'd appreciate a measurement of the deck floor from the tailgate to the front seating area. A picture of your sleeping deck would be great too.

Thanks

nwoods

Expedition Leader
I don't have the dim's anymore, but here is a shot of an inside platform. I made mine in two parts, so that I could remove the front section and install the rear seat, as I often had two kids onboard. this shot is prior to tie-downs and carpet and so forth, just shows the wood platform. I used 1/2" aircraft spruce, and used the seat track anchor points for the attachment

platform-10-XL.jpg

slightly more info here:
http://nwoods.smugmug.com/Jeep-Adventures/Modifications/Rear-Tie-Down-Platform/

Completed with rear seat in place (so just the rear half installed):
platform-20-XL.jpg

wild1

Adventurer
inside length of o5 unlimited

I have a little different style deck in my 06 then then nwoods. It is in three pieces and is full width at the level of the top of the tub and has a section that flips forward to make a double bed that is about 74 inches long on the passenger side and 68 on the drivers side. Since the drivers seat won't go forward as far that side is shorter. From the back of the seats in their farthest back position to the tailgate is right at 48 inches at that height. It makes a pretty big bed as the width of the forward section is 48 inches wide and the back is full width. There is a ton of room under the deck for storage boxes,coolers and other big bulky items that you don't have to unload if you want to use the bed with this system.

goin camping

Explorer
Very nice set up nwoods.

That set up is similar to what I'm planning but with the floor anchor points folding down.

goin camping

Explorer
I have a little different style deck in my 06 then then nwoods. It is in three pieces and is full width at the level of the top of the tub and has a section that flips forward to make a double bed that is about 74 inches long on the passenger side and 68 on the drivers side. Since the drivers seat won't go forward as far that side is shorter. From the back of the seats in their farthest back position to the tailgate is right at 48 inches at that height. It makes a pretty big bed as the width of the forward section is 48 inches wide and the back is full width. There is a ton of room under the deck for storage boxes,coolers and other big bulky items that you don't have to unload if you want to use the bed with this system.

Thank you wild1,

That was the info I needed. If you would post a picture from above and below the sleeping deck I'd really appreciate it.

wild1

Adventurer
LJ deck

I don't have the deck in the jeep right now, I am revamping the way it ties into the lip on the hardtop. When I get it put back together I will put up some pictures.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles