Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Vehicle choice

Default Vehicle choice

I have been debating the choice of a new vehicle for Expo camping. It needs to have at least 1 to 6 cylinders and get between 2 mpg and 20 mpg and be able to carry 12 people and 1 small dog. I would like for it to have at least 3 tires and an Arb to one of them for better traction. My future goals would be to add a lift between 2 to 11 inches depending if I put on 27 to 47 inch tires. I am also trying to figure what my communication devices will be and so far I have cb,telephone, walkie talkie, ham and can on a string but that has a limited range. My budget is endless as long as my wife will give me the money and I clean up the yard and not leave the vehicle on jack stands for 2 years.

LOL!!

i clicked on your thread with an eye roll, thinking here we go again! How can anybody tell you what vehicle is good for you. we can all read the pros and cons of each, and there is more than enough info on this forum, let alone the rest of WWW.

too funny, thanks for the chuckle!

land rover freelanders are the most reliable vehicles ever made

Sent from my iPhone

Before you get too deep into this, you may want to define your tire tread choice, mud or all terrain.

What kind of dog?
    2001 Montero (Her's) No Mods
    2000 Montero (His's) BFG AT KO 33-10.5R15 - Rear Locker - ARB Bumper - Front Runner Roof Rack - Gen3 Snorkel - Build Thread
    Grandpa Ken

Picture of the wife who holds the coin purse? That will helps us

Also, what kind of oil do you prefer and which air filter do you think is best?
    2002 Nissan Pathfinder 4x4 (R50)
    Leveled OME MD Lift, 245/75r16 Toyo AT-IIs, Rigid Duallys, Full 4x4parts skidplating, Bilsteins, Magnaflow exhaust, odds and ends.

Gluten Free Expeditions since 2011

"Some men climb mountains because they're there. Some men drive off-road because it's nowhere." - Tom Collins

Allof75

Picture of the wife who holds the coin purse?
    In her words " If you put my picture up you will neverrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr buy a vehicle"
    Also, what kind of oil do you prefer and which air filter do you think is best?
    I like Castor oil and for filters I change mine every 500 miles so I just use cheap AFE filters.

Quote Originally Posted by bat View Post
    I like Castor oil and for filters I change mine every 500 miles so I just use cheap AFE filters.
    Better toss in some Marvel Mystery Oil!
    2002 Nissan Pathfinder 4x4 (R50)
    Leveled OME MD Lift, 245/75r16 Toyo AT-IIs, Rigid Duallys, Full 4x4parts skidplating, Bilsteins, Magnaflow exhaust, odds and ends.

Gluten Free Expeditions since 2011

"Some men climb mountains because they're there. Some men drive off-road because it's nowhere." - Tom Collins

Allof75

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast