Mercedes Benz Truck Parts --- who's your go-to supplier in the US?

EamusCatuli

Well, my best mechanic and I spent all morning on the phone and online trying to find these parts and I'm at a dead end... you, ExPo, are my only hope!

We've got a 1984 MB 1317 that shredded a clutch the other day (see Picture 1). Excuse the layman's terms here... we dropped the trans and found that there is a ring-shaped component inside the pressure plate which cracked, sending debris into the clutch and damaging the clutch disk.

We're left needing a replacements for the pressure plate (see Pictures 2 & 3) and the clutch disk (see Pictures 3 & 4).

Part Numbers we can find:

Pressure Plate - 0032509904
Clutch Disk - 431861571103

Anyone have a lead on where I might find these?

Like I said, been looking all morning and all of our usual channels are dry. Second option, which I'm waiting for a return call on, is a-guy-who-has-worked-with-one-of-our-guys-who-knows-of-a-guy-who-can-rebuild-them-in-Missouri - never dealt with rebuilt clutch/tranny parts, but that's all I've got at the moment...:confused:

Thanks!

Kevin

1.jpg2.jpg3.jpg4.jpg5.jpg

SixSpeed

Observer
If you have no luck, please shoot me a PM with your phone number. There is an old timer around here that used to do a LOT of work on these L-Series trucks in the 80's. He sold off the majority of his parts stock (he used to have hundreds of thousands of parts) but still has a decent number of odds and ends. I am working on an L1116 project myself. Swapping the MB engine and trans out though.

EamusCatuli

I appreciate the help everybody - looks like we're going to try the rebuild because cost-wise it's untouchable. One of our local diesel shops uses this refurbishing outfit in Missouri regularly and swears by it (plus they're facilitating the whole thing and have promised to make it right if we're not satisfied). Apparently it's common practice to refurbish clutches on tractors and other heavy equipment due to replacement cost, so why not have a go.

I'll be sure to update this once we get it back and relay the results in case it might be of use to anyone going forward!

Sidenote - http://eurotech-services.com is AWESOME... I'll definitely be keeping that in my file for next time we need something. Those UNIMOG 404's he's selling look solid too.

Cheers :friday:

Kevin

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles