SOLD______NorthStar TC650 & Chevy 1500HD plus Mod's

brian90744

American Trekker
been there, done that.however if they are the same size and color=does it really matter??
thanks for the info update.
brian

That's like wearing a different shoe on each foot. Tires are designed to work as a team complementing each other.

Last edited:

Humvette

Adventurer
way cool. what do these look like when they are popped up? I am really looking at a setup like this.
thanks,
M

brian90744

American Trekker
M.
Pics of Coopers Discovery AT3 inflated & mounted on the rear.
thanks=brian

way cool. what do these look like when they are popped up? I am really looking at a setup like this.
thanks,
M

Attachments

• cooper1.jpg
    cooper1.jpg
    152.7 KB · Views: 29
  • cooper2.jpg
    cooper2.jpg
    134.7 KB · Views: 27
Last edited:

brian90744

American Trekker
BATTERY COMPARTMENT UPDATE.

Finally the original (sealed cell) Battery died (6 years); so it's time to mod the (bed step up) battery compartment to accept 2 batteries and the toilet. Seeing as the original battery was AGM no need for the battery box or vent system. I built a platform to lift over the water lines & long enough to hold 2 batteries. NOTE= There is a LP line above the batteries, I covered it with 1/2" plumbing water line foam from HD, You should make sure you have a good battery hold system. See pics

Attachments

• batery stand 1.jpg
    batery stand 1.jpg
    342.7 KB · Views: 59
  • battery 3.jpg
    battery 3.jpg
    326.3 KB · Views: 63
  • battery stand2.jpg
    battery stand2.jpg
    400.2 KB · Views: 56
  • battery stand 3.jpg
    battery stand 3.jpg
    284.9 KB · Views: 58
  • battery5.jpg
    battery5.jpg
    353.3 KB · Views: 58
Last edited:

brian90744

American Trekker
Installed Solar Info

Installed a Morningstar SunSaver Duo w/ Meter solar controller. The battery condition solar meter is eye level and can be veiwed sitting at the table. And purchased a 100 Watt solar panel which will be free standing, as I like to park in the shade. Also (pic) of under L/side camper are all my power in/outlets. I moved the 12 Volt aux power outlet to the front so I could mount the Inverter, it is wired (4G)direct via fuse to battery, would be nice if I could turn fan off., this inverter is over kill, I think most of us can get by with a 500 Watt unit for TV or PC in IMO,
thanks=brian

Attachments

• 1Inverter 1.jpg
    1Inverter 1.jpg
    502.7 KB · Views: 59
  • plug ins.jpg
    plug ins.jpg
    301.7 KB · Views: 80
  • 3 solar monitor & converter.jpg
    3 solar monitor & converter.jpg
    148.1 KB · Views: 50
  • nite lite swt copy.jpg
    nite lite swt copy.jpg
    177.8 KB · Views: 49
Last edited:

coulter6

Observer
Great work Brian. I really like your battery solution, hope you don't mind me stealing your idea :sombrero:

You'll love the solar charging.

brian90744

American Trekker
Bob.
Go ahead, I posted Mods and updates for all, copy away friends. The batteries are hooked-up in parallel, ( CAUTION) I covered the LP line above the batteries with foam line insulation from (HD) just in case!!
thanks for your interest=brian

Great work Brian. I really like your battery solution, hope you don't mind me stealing your idea :sombrero:

You'll love the solar charging.

Last edited:

brian90744

American Trekker
Paul.

I got it off EBay=1200 Watt, New Mobile Power. around $70.00 there is the same one on ebay now item#330898253688 or 330898452513 by dmssgs. IMO you don't need but 500 watts unit to run a TV or PC. Also it would be nice if the fans were not noisy, or if I could turn the fans off when watching TV.
thanks brian

Last edited:

Ripit

Hey Brian, Great mods your doing there. I'm in the market for a used Popup Truck camper now. I've been looking at hard sides and popups and have decided on the popups for less weight as I fish on the coast a lot and you never know when your hitting the beach. Keep up the good work so you'll have all the kinks worked out when I'm ready to get started on mine. LOL. I'm still tent camping, so I can't wait till I find one.

Powagoneer

Hey all, new to the forum here. I have been in the market for a TC-650 for a couple years now. They are like tring to find a unicorn around here (Colorado) let alone finding one for $5,000! :Wow1: Every other one I have seen as nice as yours and the other guy with the TC-650 on his Tundra have all been in the 12k range. Still looking and hoping I can score one as nice as these someday. Great threads for giving me ideas though. Keep it coming!

brian90744

American Trekker
For fair pricing you may want to check the NADA (www.nadaguides.com) blue book on RV's Truck pop-up campers. In your State there are a few on Craigslist (CL). good luck. BTW You may have to drive some distance if you find your dream.
brian

Hey all, new to the forum here. I have been in the market for a TC-650 for a couple years now. They are like tring to find a unicorn around here (Colorado) let alone finding one for $5,000! :Wow1: Every other one I have seen as nice as yours and the other guy with the TC-650 on his Tundra have all been in the 12k range. Still looking and hoping I can score one as nice as these someday. Great threads for giving me ideas though. Keep it coming!

Last edited:

Powagoneer

Thanks, I am really getting the itch to go exploring/camping (happens every year around this time) Can't wait until camping is up off the ground in a Northstar!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles