SOLD______NorthStar TC650 & Chevy 1500HD plus Mod's

brian90744

American Trekker
Drawers and cutting board

Mike.
I emailed Northstar and requested 2 20" drawers for a tc650, they have different locks and color and you must modify the cabinet lock area a little. Please check if you can install 20" or 19", by remove the current drawers and measure. I have 2 Cutting board under the sink storage next to the Toaster. see pics
brian

Attachments

• cutting 2.jpg
    cutting 2.jpg
    513.6 KB · Views: 53
  • cutting 1.jpg
    cutting 1.jpg
    507.3 KB · Views: 58
  • cutting 3.jpg
    cutting 3.jpg
    495.9 KB · Views: 54
Last edited:

kpredator

Adventurer
brian
if i owned north star campers i believe i would try to hire you
paid 3500 for ours ,been to alaska several times in it,all over the states
really enjoy it
good luck
kevin

brian90744

American Trekker
Sorry I'm retired.

Kevin,
Thank you, however I don't think Northstar would want a retired guy, but your thoughts hit my sweet spot.
brian

Last edited:

mikes350

How are the air bag rings working out for you ? I just installed some air bags on my truck and was wondering how they would preform off road , those make sense.

brian90744

American Trekker
Mike.
If you mean" Daystar Air Bag Cradles" I had only one problem. I did not tighten them up on the leaf spring enough=I fixed that. It's a great idea if you off road a little rough, since I am an old guy I take it easy, done the hair brain s--t when I was younger. Check out their site for more info or "you tube". Thanks for your interest.=brian

How are the air bag rings working out for you ? I just installed some air bags on my truck and was wondering how they would preform off road , those make sense.

Last edited:

brian90744

American Trekker
Electrical door (EASY) mod

The little 3" electrical 110V cord outlet door was just to small to remove 25ft of cord and to put it back was to much (big hands), so I ordered (ebay) a 6.5x7" power cord hatch door. I like it=easy to remove the power cable. If you plan on this Mod make sure you protect the 110V cord if you use a saber saw,( don't cut into the cord.)
Plus I was surprised to see how thick the walls are on the North Star. Tx=brian see pics

Attachments

• electric outlet 1.jpg
    electric outlet 1.jpg
    101.3 KB · Views: 45
  • electric outlet 2.jpg
    electric outlet 2.jpg
    82.8 KB · Views: 42
  • electric outlet 3.jpg
    electric outlet 3.jpg
    122.9 KB · Views: 45
  • wall thickness.jpg
    wall thickness.jpg
    85.1 KB · Views: 50
Last edited:

Regcabguy

Oil eater.
The little 3" electrical outlet door was just to small to fish out the power cord (big hands), so I ordered (ebay) a 6.5x7" power cord cable hatch door. I like it=easy to remove the power cable.
Plus I was surprised to see how thick the walls are on the North Star. Tx=brian see pics

Good idea Brian! That stock hole is pretty small!
Our Northstar has been great!

brian90744

American Trekker
Carry more stuff

I don't want to mess up the inside of the camper, so to carry all my camping supplies I got a M416 army trailer, some of the stuff I carry=LP bar b-q, LP fire ring & 5 Gallon LP tank, Tables, Honda 2K gen and fuel, Targets & ammo plus extra clothes for the wife & an EZ up awning, the M416 trailer is light weight and tows great. I use a tarp to cover, but it a hassle to remove and recover, so my next project is to make a light weight metal cover. see pics

Attachments

• back trl 1.jpg
    back trl 1.jpg
    134.7 KB · Views: 38
  • 19683803 1.jpg
    19683803 1.jpg
    102.3 KB · Views: 46
  • camping 2.jpg
    camping 2.jpg
    411.7 KB · Views: 51
Last edited:

brian90744

American Trekker
Double your LP with extra tank

I purchased a 20" LP Pigtail tank hose (replacement) to replace the stock 16" hose on my NS horizontal LP 20# tank, this way I can use my Bar-B-Q tank as a back up, I stand it on my bumper and strap it to the stock tank.. It seem after a winter week camping in the desert with the heater going I'm always low on LP gas.

Attachments

• Spare LP tank1.jpg
    Spare LP tank1.jpg
    331.6 KB · Views: 47
  • Spare LP tank2.jpg
    Spare LP tank2.jpg
    332.6 KB · Views: 54
  • desert camp 1.jpg
    desert camp 1.jpg
    504.3 KB · Views: 58
Last edited:

brian90744

American Trekker
Junk in the trunk,(trailer)

Yes I brought last April, Its a 1966 Army M416 and was lightly rusty, had it sand blasted and I painted it OD, I used the 3d Armored Div (numbers)which was the outfit I was in (1960's) and my army ID. Great for carrying the grandson and his friends junk (lots of steel targets) for a weekend of desert target shooting. Plus the Camo way it looked when I got it home. I like my truck tires = Cooper AT3 for the quiet ride, so I also installed Cooper Discovery AT3 tires on the trailer. And recently I upgraded to a 31lb aluminum metal security top cover.

Attachments

• back trl 1.jpg
    back trl 1.jpg
    134.7 KB · Views: 23
  • M416 frt.jpg
    M416 frt.jpg
    171.1 KB · Views: 24
  • paint job 1.jpg
    paint job 1.jpg
    174.6 KB · Views: 21
  • 19683803 1.jpg
    19683803 1.jpg
    102.3 KB · Views: 24
  • As is day 1.jpg
    As is day 1.jpg
    276.9 KB · Views: 26
  • rear look.jpg
    rear look.jpg
    356.2 KB · Views: 10
Last edited:

Regcabguy

Oil eater.
Time to retire, My B F Goodrich tires are worn, so I brought 4 315/70R/17 Cooper Discovery AT3 tires. I had outside cupping on my BFG's,so I switched tires on the rims and had a wheel alignment. Just hope these new tires work out.
brian

I wish somebody besides Firestone/Bridgestone would release an E rated 315-70-17.

brian90744

American Trekker
Gvw Tires

Just how heavy is your truck & camper ready to go??? I think LT315-70/R17 M&S with load rate D,(3150# @50PSI) per tire is pretty good. I run loaded 45# in all 4 and 50# in the air-bags, mine rides very good like that. Have you every had a problem with D rating tires?? maybe we'll meet sometime and compare notes, all the best to you=brian

Last edited:

freedomrider

Ordinary average guy
Yes I brought last April, Its a 1966 and was lightly rusty, had it sand blasted and I painted it OD, I used the 3d Armored Div (numbers)which was the outfit I was in (1960) and my army ID. Great for carrying the grandson and his friends junk (lots of steel targets) for a weekend of desert target shooting. Plus the way it looked when I got it home
Nicely done. Your grandson and his friends must really dig it.

In your propane post you mentioned LP usage while running the furnace. My tank has no gauge so it's a bit of a crap shoot as to how much fuel remains. Yeah, I can pull the tank and weigh it but that's a hassle. Can you comfortably get 3 or 4 days out of a full tank while using lp fridge with moderate furnace and hot water use?

brian90744

American Trekker
Yes 3 to 4 days running heater low @ nite and refrig & cooking=no problem. Keep your battery charged, as the heater fan is a big drain.(I don't use the water heater=waste of LP) The water heater cycles on and off all day/nite= water in tank is kept heated when not being used.
TIP:You can boil water and remove camper tank and stand vert pour hot water down side and you will see freeze line= that's how much LP you have. try on your BBQ tank as a test. Just FYI=brian

Nicely done. Your grandson and his friends must really dig it.

In your propane post you mentioned LP usage while running the furnace. My tank has no gauge so it's a bit of a crap shoot as to how much fuel remains. Yeah, I can pull the tank and weigh it but that's a hassle. Can you comfortably get 3 or 4 days out of a full tank while using lp fridge with moderate furnace and hot water use?

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
norcalmaier