Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Gen. II Tacoma Airflow America Snorkel

Default Gen. II Tacoma Airflow America Snorkel

Howdy all Gen II Tacoma Owners,
    I’m thinking about pulling the trigger on an Airflow America Snorkel. Here’s the press release on the new product.

1357613518_tacoma_snorkel_press_release_image_zps1ff33b6b.jpg

Anyone have any experience with these. Thoughts, opinions…?

Thanks,
    dd
    “I’m growing older but not up
    My metabolic rate is pleasantly stuck
    Let those winds of time blow over my head
    I’d rather die while I’m living – than live while I’m dead”
    -Jimmy Buffett

No impact, no idea.
    Member #203

Adventures in and out of your vehicle: AMERICAN ADVENTURIST

Just read the whole release and went to their site and cant find them anywhere.

The possible +2 in fuel mileage is interesting....
    2010 Tacoma
    M100 Trailer Build
    Photographer and Mountain Biker

Quote Originally Posted by DblD View Post
    Anyone have any experience with these. Thoughts, opinions…?
    I am getting pretty close to pulling the trigger on one of these as well. If you PM the vendor "Expeditioneers" through TacomaWorld.com, they're doing an introductory price offer on them right now (not sure how long that it'll last). I won't post the price here, but it's a pretty decent discount.
    http://store.expeditioneers.com/2005on.html
    http://www.facebook.com/pages/Airflo...29339273827964

There's a long thread going on TacomaWorld about them. I haven't read the entire thread, but I'm pretty sure a couple guys that have already installed them have posted comments there.
    http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/ari...-test-fit.html

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Braun View Post
    The possible +2 in fuel mileage is interesting....
    I didn't realize there was a possibility of a fuel mileage improvement.
    Ryan
    2008 Tacoma
    1968 Camaro

"I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them" - Thomas Jefferson
    "We all dream of a world filled with sunshine, peace, and happiness. The problem is that half the people think this sounds like a wonderful place to live...while the other half think it sounds like a wonderful place to pillage."

i'm a fan...taller than the safari's but you get used to it...i have a prefilter coming soon that will bring the height down a bit and help for dusty/snowy conditions..but great product..

as far as gas mileage is concerned...i'm back to where i was with my volant CAI with ram scoop...which is around 2mpg improvement over stock..so i'd agree with the statement

went from the volant setup to stock while i was gathering parts and i couldn't wait to get a cold air setup back on the truck..

Quote Originally Posted by NYCOH View Post
    i'm a fan...taller than the safari's but you get used to it...i have a prefilter coming soon that will bring the height down a bit and help for dusty/snowy conditions..but great product.
    Which prefilter(s) are compatible with the snorkel connection on top? I've seen Donaldson and Sy-Klone mentioned before with the Safari's; not sure if either of those brands are compatible with this one. But I agree, the snorkel seems really tall, and the head itself looks a lot bigger than the Safari.

Ryan
    2008 Tacoma
    1968 Camaro

"I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them" - Thomas Jefferson
    "We all dream of a world filled with sunshine, peace, and happiness. The problem is that half the people think this sounds like a wonderful place to live...while the other half think it sounds like a wonderful place to pillage."

Any 3.5" filter will fit.

Here is some info on the snorkel and hat.
    http://www.airflowsnorkels.com/faqs.php
    -Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away

mark@expeditioneers.com

What I dont understrand is why it is neccessary to remove the fender flare. This seems like an extra unneccessary step. When I installed my Safari Snorkel on my second gen Tacoma, I could just pull/bend the fender liner back sufficiently to gain access???

Nice product though! Glad to see it hit the market!
    This post was most likely made from my Tmobile Droid so spelling and punctuation errors are expected.

2007 Toyota Tacoma DC 6spd. 4WD TRD - http://www.expeditionportal.com/foru...rk-In-Progress

as far as gas mileage is concerned...i'm back to where i was with my volant CAI with ram scoop...which is around 2mpg improvement over stock..so i'd agree with the statement

Really? I have not noticed any impact with my Safari Snorkel. I suppose I have never really tried to analyze it down to that level of detail.
    This post was most likely made from my Tmobile Droid so spelling and punctuation errors are expected.

2007 Toyota Tacoma DC 6spd. 4WD TRD - http://www.expeditionportal.com/foru...rk-In-Progress

Quote Originally Posted by upcountry View Post
    Really? I have not noticed any impact with my Safari Snorkel. I suppose I have never really tried to analyze it down to that level of detail.
    +1
    Member #203

Adventures in and out of your vehicle: AMERICAN ADVENTURIST

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast