Help w/'90 Suburban lift kit and tire selection

chilliwak

Expedition Leader
Larry, this one time I really cant agree with you. I think that good shocks are extremely important. I had Ranchos on my truck and they were finshed in 2 years. I only drive my truck in the summer and still they were toast in no time! Ok, granted, my rig puts way more wear on shocks because of my big canopy but I still think that 2 years is a short life/duration. I am now running bilstein 5150s on the rear and dual 5100s on the front.....

ChevRearShock1.jpg

Here is the rear set-up with custom sway bar....

DSCF2119_zps9abd2570.jpg

And here the front set-up with dual 5100s....

Larry

Bigassgas Explorer
That is cool Chilli. Those look cool! If you can feel the difference between a cheap shock and high dollar shock then it is worth it for you. I’ve run both and noticed no difference on my heavy K10 (8,000 lbs loaded). I still stand behind the claim depending how heavy a rig is depends how important a high quality shock is. The biggest ride quality upgrades to mine were the rear shackle flip and using ORD’s sway bar disconnect kit. The sway bar kit puts the bar back in its original spot before a lift and allows it to move with the suspension instead of acting like a steel rod jammed in the suspension when compressed. Airing down the tires to 12-15 psi also makes a huge difference off –road. You would be surprised how well these to rigs ride even with cheap shocks on them. Both ride much better than a late model GM IFS ¾ ton rig by far. I’ll take the high dollar shock savings and use that for ORD suspension upgrades.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior