'02 F350 Dana60 axle rebuild, know where to buy seals?

Abitibi

Explorer
I'm rebuilding the front axle from a '02 F350 SD and all 6 seals need to be replaced. Am I stuck to buy from Ford dealers or is there better/cheaper place to get them? These sure are pricey! I'm north of Seattle...

Cheers
Mr. D

thedjjack

Dream it build it
I would price OEM Dana seals just to see...

I put a generic Pinion Seal in a Dana35 once leaked in three weeks....Dana seal was a few bucks more but never leaked..Even said Dana on the seal

Seals are the least of the money and time in the build.

Abitibi

Explorer
My Patrol came stock with 1 ton axles but these are as you figured out for my next project :) Funny part is I have the axles and t-case but nothing yet to mount them on! That ambulance is pretty shy and I'm still looking for the right one. At least it gives me time to get some parts ready before madness hits!

So I'm getting OEM seals, $230 for all 6. It's pricey but I can live with it if it keeps gremlins away. I found out there's two type of seals, the old style that just sit on the shafts and can wear them. Then there's the newer style that are basically a seal inside a seal and don't wear the shaft over time which are the ones I got.

Thanks again for all the help!

Cheers
Mr. D

Abitibi

Explorer
Deleted

Cheers,
Mr. D

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1358136780.915299.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1358136780.915299.jpg
    160.8 KB · Views: 7