Mitsu Fuso Camper examples

fgcrazy

Thanks Whatcharterboat

Hi Guys the first pic is on the Oonadatta track on top of the silos at a old rail siding SA. yep its the Flinders Ranges SA. At the Mitchell river crossing on the way through Kondapriga Station QLD . yep Cypress crossing Cape york. 93 canter you are micheal the one that i met on the somerset beaches run (you should have gone around the headland) Engineer i did see some people at the croc tent were you driving the big Isuzu. Say hi next time. Thanks to all and i will send some more pics of my travels... Cheers Tony

engineer

Adventurer
That was me mate, i was doing a run for heritage tours because thier driver was crook. I was admiring your gear, but ran out of time and had to shoot through..... i will catch up with ya next time!!

93Canter

Observer
Here are some more pics from Cape York Australia.

Our camper is built on a 93 FG439 chassis that had a previous life as a category 7 rural fire truck at Booderee National Park it had done 9000km when we picked it up in May 2006. We had a rough camper ready by the end of August 2006.

The camper design is influenced by our previous set up with a roof top tent and a kitchen in the back of a Landcruiser.

I have chosen some pics just to upset Allen. Like this one at Cape York in August on a beach to ourselves, the view from the bed in the morning. You can see the roof top tent influence in this part of the design.
3121688965_c4402095b7.jpg

Some for FgCrazy to show what can go wrong when you take short cuts below the high tide mark. You think those tyres fill up slowly, you should try emptying 6 of them in a hurry. This explains our desire to move to singles.
3130251228_648f926651.jpg

3121688975_379fabee46.jpg

Cyprus Creek Bridge as it was in September 2006, which helps explains why we did not revisit the crossing in August 2008. Compare it to FGCrazy's pics and you can spot similarity in the shrubbery to the right of the open passenger side door.

3121688971_fc7f7d828e_o.jpg

Others photos just to promote discussion:

Our outside kitchen set up.
3121678247_65a02492ff.jpg

The 3 point mount swinging while crossing Elliot creek.
Sometimes the amount it swings worries me??
3130251218_60c0f7385a.jpg

Another rig with singles that we met at Karumba.
He can camp in the back but now uses an off road Caravan.
3121678235_7e4489e800.jpg

3121678245_6c6850f9f2.jpg

I plan to totally rebuild the camper from scratch next year, with a similar design, but using lighter materials and making it more streamlined.

I plan to move the door to the back so I shot a few photos of this other rig. Is it "Engineer" in August 2008 at Fruit Bat Falls?
I was eyeing off the back door and steps, wanting to steal some ideas...

3121764049_67e79b3d92.jpg

3121764051_6eac8eb601.jpg

Last edited:

whatcharterboat

Supporting Sponsor, Overland Certified OC0018
Michael . Obviously you have posting the pics under control now. Fantastic shots .

I've seen that FSS 550 Isuzu before too. I'm sure it was at the dealers in Cairns.

I have chosen some pics just to upset Allen. Like this one at Cape York in August on a beach to ourselves, the view from the bed in the morning.

Upset me too. That just looks way too idylic. Thanks Michael, Keep em coming.

Chucaro

Adventurer
Great rig and fantastic photos. That bridge looks like tah is not very safe.
I agree with you regarding the problem with dual wheels at the back. I have the some problems with my Mazda T3500.
Cheers

alan

Explorer
whatcharterboat said:
Michael . Obviously you have posting the pics under control now. Fantastic shots .

I've seen that FSS 550 Isuzu before too. I'm sure it was at the dealers in Cairns.

Upset me too. That just looks way too idylic. Thanks Michael, Keep em coming.

Now you have upset us! great pic's I'm sure everyone would love to see more.

whatcharterboat

Supporting Sponsor, Overland Certified OC0018
It's not an FSS, it's an FTS

My mistake. Just saw the headlights in the bar and thought 550 straight away. Should have picked it by the wide mudgaurds. The 550's don't have them. I definitely should have known better, cause when we fit big super singles to the 550's we have to fit the FTS 750 mudgaurds (see the pic below).

3128190776_6b4bd6086a.jpgp:

BTW FGcrazy called into today and showed me an article that 4wdmonthly did on him and his truck. He asked me if it was possible to get it on to ExPo somehow. Are all their articles online? Surely there must be copyright protecting us from just scanning the pics in from the magazine. Does anyone know? It wasn't actually 4wdmonthly but the spinoff mag >> 4wdcustom I think ???

DSC02299.jpg

indiedog

Adventurer
Fuel Economy?

Great shots on here. I'm currently constructing a camper trailer to carry our family of 5 but loooove the look of some of these rigs! (I just love oversized toys :D). These trucks look thirsty to me. Any chance I can get some feedback on what sort of economy they get? Thanks all.

haven

Expedition Leader
Whatcharterboat,

I think you're right about copyright issues. The answer is
to post a link to the online version of the magazine,
assuming there is one. Sometimes it takes a few months
before the articles that appear in print are released to the
online version of the magazine.

Is this the magazine?
http://www.4wdaction.com.au/custom/013/

Chip Haven

Forum statistics