Mitsu Fuso Camper examples

VicHanson

Adventurer
How many watts is your solar setup? Looks good!

Thanks! 610 watts with 6 Trojan T-105 golf cart batteries, a 2000 w modified sinewave inverter and a 1000 w. pure sine inverter (had to add this because the refrigerator didn't like the other one after awhile).

Vic, now in Seattle and soon heading south for the winter!

Gatsma

Adventurer
Fridge not liking modified sine waves huh? How did you know this? Did it just quit, or what?
After all the time you've traveled with this rig so far, is there anything you would have done different on the build?

whatcharterboat

Supporting Sponsor, Overland Certified OC0018
Another home-built almost complete on a 2007 Isuzu NPS 300.

Getting a big toolbox setup under the front of the camper.
image.jpg

image.jpg

Last edited:

whatcharterboat

A truck ATW built recently. New 2014 NPS300 Crewcab .... Welded checker plate tray is spring mounted. ........Setup purely to take a slide on camper..

image.jpg

Last edited:

whatcharterboat

This is another very cool little home-built camper on a FG649 SWB....... Definitely a work in progress. Under the roll up covers are sliding security mesh doors. That's different.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Last edited:

DEFENDERBEAM

strategic command
Doing well. Thanks John.

I've got a 4-door jeep and a AWD van. More easy and practical for the family. So, I am out of the fuso scene for a while. I still look at older crew cabs.

Hey Leon, thanks mate ......good to hear from you. Hope everything is going well for you. Kind regards John.

whatcharterboat

I hope this gives someone inspiration. What a great conversion. Short Wheelbase conversion on a new Isuzu NPS. It was done by the dealership with all tail shaft angles approved. WB is about the same as the FUSO SWB models. There is a new camper being fitted to the rear soon

image.jpg

image.jpg

Last edited:

fg4oz

Adventurer
swb looks great. What size tray will it have and what type of camper body? Is this set up with new springs as well?

whatcharterboat

swb looks great. What size tray will it have and what type of camper body? Is this set up with new springs as well?

Hi Ben, No tray. I'm pretty sure he is building a composite body about 3500mm long and I'd say with a poptop.

And, yes it has parabolics......and front ATB diff, 19.5 single wheels, alloy bull bar and winch. Kind regards John.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior