Mitsu Fuso Camper examples

whatcharterboat

Supporting Sponsor, Overland Certified OC0018
They were a really great Jeep. My brother had one for many years as a tray back. Was a good work horse.

Dan.

Hi Dan,

I have never seen one. Surely there can't have been too many in the country. I guess it was a similar vintage to the cabover Landrovers.

Positron. Any more pics please. That is really cool.

Regards John

Aussie Iron

Explorer
Hi Dan,

I have never seen one. Surely there can't have been too many in the country. I guess it was a similar vintage to the cabover Landrovers.

Regards John

Not absolutely sure but yes I believe in the same time frame. I knew of two others that were in use at the same time as my brother's on pineapple farms used for hauling one ton pine bins around. These were in the area south of Gympie so there may have been even more in the Nambour area.

Dan.

whatcharterboat

Not absolutely sure but yes I believe in the same time frame. I knew of two others that were in use at the same time as my brother's on pineapple farms used for hauling one ton pine bins around. These were in the area south of Gympie so there may have been even more in the Nambour area.Dan.

Hi Dan,

That doesn't surprise me. While I have never seen an FC, I have seen some very rare and early mogs, Haffy's, Landrovers, VW's, etc on the farms in the hinterland behind us here.

positron

the jeep is a 1965 model, dana running gear , ford 250 crossflow. It only seats 2 which is why we upgraded to the crew cab canter with a new addition to the family. It needs a rebuild as its been sitting for about 4years. Intending to chop the top off the camper and add a pop top .Off road it is like a tractor it will go just about anywhere. Not very fast on the highway though. Will see if i can find some more pictures. I know of 2 others in Aus.

steve4wdaus

4WDaus "tralia"
Spotted this SLR Adventurer 4x4 Isuzu NP300 yesterday. Great build.
SLR-Motorhome-01.jpg

Last edited:

steve4wdaus

4WDaus "tralia"
Hey Steve, what's with the Camel Trophy Range Rover in the background?
Hi john
It actually photo bombed a few of the photos Alison took. It had cow hide covered jerry cans on the roof and looked quite an old unit. It appeared that 3 backpackers may have owned it.
Does not appear to be a huge amount written on the web about it except it was a charitable race held in the 1980s and 1990s.
Is there something about it that interests you?
Regards
Steve

whatcharterboat

No. Seeing it in the background, I thought you may have been at an adventure rally or something.

Have never seen a Camel Trophy vehicle here myself but there were a couple of them at Overland Expo a few years back. Very well kitted out vehicles. The Camel Trophy is a bit like the Olympics of off-roading I think.

Looks like Johan and Wilanda borrowed the same colour scheme. At least it's not beige. Hahaha. Actually I met them a couple of years ago before they bought a truck. Nice couple.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
norcalmaier