2008 Grand Cherokee diesel

haven

Expedition Leader
For the 2007 LA Auto Show, Jeep is announcing new pricing for Jeeps with the Mercedes 3.0L turbodiesel. The diesel engine is now an option for the entry-level Laredo trim level.

With similar equipment, MSRP for the Grand Cherokee diesel models are:
Laredo X 4x4 diesel $38,300
Limited 4x4 diesel $41,000
Overland 4x4 diesel $45,000

The engine provides 376 lb.-ft. of torque, the same as the 5.7L hemi gas engine. Using EPA numbers, the diesel gets 20% to 30% better fuel mileage than the 5.7L.

I've read reports from Jeep diesel owners that claim results considerably better than this. Sprinter vans often get mid-20's MPG when driven on the highway, so I'd expect better results from a Jeep, which is lighter and more aerodynamic.

Chip Haven

4Rescue

Expedition Leader
that might just make a great replacement for my dads ageing(poorly) XJ... I swear, putting a diesel in a small 4x4 is enough to make me buy a Shivy... Well maybe not, but my desire for a Factory Diesel option is getting the better of me...

computeruser

Explorer
A friend of mine has one, and it seems like a nice vehicle. Power is impressive and fuel economy is very good if you don't try to take full advantage of the power at every stoplight!

vengeful

Explorer
The fact of the matter is that the Ford, VW, GM, Mercedes, etc vehicles with the diesels that are present in states that require California Emissions (not just California! (NY, MA, ME, and several others as well)) meet the diesel emissions requirements of the California Emissions Standards. The Jeep vehicles are not equipped with the proper Emissions Reduction equipment to meet the requirements set forth in the California Emissions Guidelines. That's why the Flex Fuel and Diesel Jeep vehicles aren't available in those states.

RedDog

Explorer
Build the Gladiator concept truck, put this diesel in it and I'm there at sunrise to trade my TJ. I'll pass on the Harlem nights wheels though.

image_15.jpg

Last edited:

BKCowGod

Automotive ADHD is fun!
There are NO new Diesel vehicles 1 ton or lower available in Cali. You can't get the Jetta either. The F250+ are exempt due to tonnage.

As soon as that bad boy is available used for about $30k, I'm all over it!

OS-Aussie

Adventurer
Damn you guys........ ok, maybe not, I picked up my 08 WK Diesel tonight.

I have wanted one for a while :safari-rig:

I now have wife instructions to part with my Rubicon :yikes: :yikes:

-------------------

Avg milage mixed driving so far is 21mpg, it does not feel like a diesel.......

Last edited:

Scott Brady

Founder
OS-Aussie said:
Damn you guys........ ok, maybe not, I picked up my 08 WK Diesel tonight.

I have wanted one for a while :safari-rig:

-------------------

Avg milage mixed driving so far is 21mpg, it does not feel like a diesel.......

Awesome! Please keep us up-to-date.

Lawrence

Adventurer
OS-Aussie said:
I am in complete agreement with your wife, now that you have the Grand, there is no need for the Rubicon ;) I can already see it pulling my Kimberley Kamper :D Back to reality, if you'll consider selling it, PM me.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles