Got the new iPad mounted.

Werrea

Observer
I have been wanting this set up for quite some time. Finally got the new iPad and mounted in the 60. I really like it. Downloaded Gaia and Motion X. I have downloaded all of Oregon, parts of Idaho, California and Washington for offline use.

Now, just to get out of the driveway. :)

Attachments

• iPad Mount.jpg
    iPad Mount.jpg
    37.1 KB · Views: 102

Kilroy

Adventurer
I have been wanting this set up for quite some time. Finally got the new iPad and mounted in the 60. I really like it. Downloaded Gaia and Motion X. I have downloaded all of Oregon, parts of Idaho, California and Washington for offline use.

Now, just to get out of the driveway. :)

Looks good. What was your reasoning to mount landscape instead of portrait? I like to be able to see farther ahead with portrait mode. But. Do you realize that a big advantage to landscape mode is that you'll be able to see screen with Polaroid glasses on? Other way screen appears black with glasses.

What case/cover are you using?

Werrea

Observer
Looks good. What was your reasoning to mount landscape instead of portrait? I like to be able to see farther ahead with portrait mode. But. Do you realize that a big advantage to landscape mode is that you'll be able to see screen with Polaroid glasses on? Other way screen appears black with glasses.

What case/cover are you using?

I used a Ram mount so I can rotate. Didn't know about polarized glasses effecting the screen. Thank you.

And I am using a Gumdrop case. I like how it feels compared to the others I tested. And you can swap in new screen protectors when they go bad.

RobRed

Explorer
There are a variety of wifi cameras on the market, typically in the security space.Google. They all require hacking for automotive use.

Last summer valeo announced exactly what your looking for, Valeo Wireless Vue Wi-Fi Rear Camera. Hasn't seen market yet.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
norcalmaier