DSC02089.jpg

DSC02086.jpg

Rear King shock:
DSC02118.jpg

Removed the factory blocks, rear shackle flip/extended front hangers:
DSC02116.jpg

Trussed PowerWagon front axle (4.56 Electric locker)with modified floor jack:
DSC02119.jpg

Trussed rear PowerWagon axle (4.56 Electric locker)
DSC01516.jpg

Front control arms:
DSC01597.jpg

Updated 2008 up steering/ 3rd gen trackbar:
DSC01589.jpg

Murfman

Observer
I hated the beige headliner:
DSC02124.jpg

Overhead console:
DSC02180.jpg

DSC02179.jpg

Locker switches: (remover the pass air bag switch)
DSC02125.jpg

Relay bank from early 90's GM sedan:
DSC02128.jpg

Flip out mirrors:
DSC02127.jpg

NOS doors:
DSC02193.jpg

Last edited:

Murfman

Observer
It is currently getting painted satin black, I hope to get is completely finished this winter.

The full specs are:
1999 Ram 2500 V-10 QC SB
2005 PowerWagon front springs
Carli mini packs with no overloads on rear
King shocks valved by Don Thuren
Trussed 2006 Power Wagon axles front and rear
3rd gen track bar
updated T steering
Built 47/48RE hybrid trans
Custom tune by Hemituner
K&N FIPK
Custom exhaust
35" BFG ATs (getting 37"s when they wear out)

Murfman

Observer
This will serve as an expedition vehicle / Baja Chase truck / Tow rig.
It will be used to tow this:
DSC02317.jpg

and these:
DSC02828.jpg

Ive also added these:
8D77F10E.jpg

pinky1.jpg

Rot Box

Explorer
Welcome. Truck looks great :bike_rider:

Love the 350X and the 70's! My family had 4 350X's up till a few years ago now we have 3. Mine laid me in the dirt pretty good and I sold it out of spite.... I regret it now :(

Murfman

Observer
Thanks! 4 of the 70's are repowered withLifan 110cc E start motors, and the 5th has a Pirahna 150 E start with a manual clutch. The 350 is now a 500X thanks to Hurricae635 out of New Mexico. The black quad is a 300EX with 400EX arms and a 350X swingarm and rear shock. I just can't leave anything alone...

Murfman

Observer
Wow, nice work.... That rig is begging for a CUMMINS!

Not for me! I had a 99, and over the course of 40K miles (starting at 90K) lost 3 lift pumps(the stock one, a relocated stock one, and an aftermarket one) an injector pump(I'm sure due to the lift pump), then to top it all off it was one of the "53" blocks that developed a nice crack and started leaking antifreeze. I loved the truck but 10K worth of repairs (with me doing all the labor)over 40K miles I had enough and sold it. I paid 5500 for this truck and have a total of 10K in it after bartering off and trading pieces. It pulls better than my Cummins did before it was modded and I average 11-13MPG towing my Jeep or ATCs. Compared to the Cummins which got 15-17 MPG and the fact that here now Gas is 90 cents a gallon cheaper I am a happy camper.

Off road the V-10 works better than the Cummins as well with better throttle response and good torque(not the axle snapping overkill of the Cummins) + it will rev to 4500 RPM to get some wheel speed in mud and at the sand dunes.

ExpoMike

Nice build up! Very cool how you did the storage in the bed.

Quick question, what headlights are those and are you happy with them?

Murfman

Observer
Thanks! The headlights are Ebay specials They do have a nice pattern with a very defined horizontal cutoff with the projector low beams that i was able to adjust nicely to compensate for the lift and leveling of the truck. I hate getting blinded by oncoming cars/trucks so I try not to blind others. I did cut up the harness that came with the lights and wire them up into my sport headlight harness. It took a little head scratching but I figured it out without too much hassle. For a non sport they would be plug and play.

bloodyWEST

Adventurer
too funny, i saw your truck on Pirate4x4 last night in the chase truck thread, and though it was cool, and now you posted plenty of pics, thanks!

do you have more pics of the rear shackle flip? mainly the rear hangar?
do you have to worry about the pinion angle when you do that? is that why you dropped the front hangar too? did you build that or is it off the shelf?

are the front fenders flared? or just replaced for weight savings?

also, where did you get your rocker switches? OTRATTW?

thanks and sweet truck!

chilliwak

Expedition Leader
Welcome to the site Murfman and do I have to say, you got yourself a nice rig :Wow1:there! The only complaint I have is the description above the pic you have showing the trucks flexing ability. It says `a little flex´ This is not true. A better description would be, `some massive flex´ Keep posting pics of that fine rig. You have us all drooling....:drool:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior