99 Ram build

Murfman

Observer
too funny, i saw your truck on Pirate4x4 last night in the chase truck thread, and though it was cool, and now you posted plenty of pics, thanks!

do you have more pics of the rear shackle flip? mainly the rear hangar?
do you have to worry about the pinion angle when you do that? is that why you dropped the front hangar too? did you build that or is it off the shelf?

are the front fenders flared? or just replaced for weight savings?

also, where did you get your rocker switches? OTRATTW?

thanks and sweet truck!

The rear hanger flip is just that. I flipped the stock hangers and cut ~2" off the top (now bottom) of the bracket. The front hanger moves the spring eye down to keep the pinion angle happy and springs close to level at ride heigth.

As for the fenders they are flared 3" which helps with the wider 3rd gen axle and 12.50 tires

I bought the switches from digi key as I deal with them at work. The icons are stickers I found online from a 4x4 shop in England of all places.

Obviously I have built the truck with an eye towards overall weight. The bed is built sturdy but I did the dimple die holes to keep weight down. When I need a solid floor I'll drop in a HD rubber bed mat.

Murfman

Observer
Welcome to the site Murfman and do I have to say, you got yourself a nice rig :Wow1:there! The only complaint I have is the description above the pic you have showing the trucks flexing ability. It says `a little flex´ This is not true. A better description would be, `some massive flex´ Keep posting pics of that fine rig. You have us all drooling....:drool:

Thanks Chili. I was surprised by the amount of flex with the minimal suspension mods I did. The front springs are stock 3 rd gen Power Wagons the control arms are 3/4" longer than stock +/- and the track bar is a stock Power wagon. Out back I replaced the overloads with mini packs and flipped shackles.

Murfman

Observer
I bought the rear one first, found it online it was a brand new one that was never installed in a truck. It was 500.00 I was planning on adding a locker and 4.56s to my Dana 60 anyway so I figured what the heck. I then found a non CAD D-60 front housing, bought a tru track and 4.56 gears for it, and was getting ready to set it up when I found the front on Pirate 4x4, he had a PW that got totalled so I bought the front axle and track bar for 750.00. The springs I bought new from my local dealer.
I ended up making 50.00 on the front non CAD housing and sold the 4.56 and tru track for a wash, but sold the original front and rear axles for 750.00 so I ended up paying 450.00 for both axles. I would have gotten the springs with the front axle but did not think of it. Don Thuren recommended them for my application when he was setting up my Kings. I bought the Kings used as well as the H2 wheels and tires. I have kept myself on a fairly tight budget with the build, I have under 10K invested in the truck and the guy that is painting it is doing it for some storage rent money he owes me.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94