04 3rd gen Dodge Ram rock crawler expedition build

gun45boat

Adventurer
SORT OF FULL SIZE! 04 Dodge Ram 2500 4x4 long bed, HEMI engine/ single cab Built by "Huntington Expedition Vehicles" in Orlando Fl

Shortened up the wheelbase 22" and cut 36" off the frame for a total of 118" wheelbase to make it more trail friendly. Ditched the 10.5 AAM axle for the AAM11.5 for the ARB locker option. Front axle is the high pinion dodge 1 ton d-60/9.25 series axle ARB's Front and Rear with 4:56 gears/ Full PSC hydrolic Asist steering with full THuren ROck Steering HS kit. Full Carli 2.5" Lift front and rear Springs with the Biltien Res. 7100 series shocks. 40" Goodyear MTR tires //Brembo Brake upgrade... Full Exo Cage with ROof Top tent with Honda 2000eu Generator/ Dual Optima Red Tops, 12v fridge/freezer with built in Solar panels on roof/ on-demand hot water system with 35 gallon tank with on-demand pressure water for the outdoor shower etc. Custom AC system for Iron Man/ RTT. Full Dual Northern Tool Storage Compartments with custom bed. Fuel tank moved to the top of frame rails behind cab with custom box (Used factory 35 gallon tank for improved range) ROck lights/ 43" LED light bar on top// Dual 10k winches front and rear using synthetic rope// Full custom underbody skids using 1/4" steel All exo cage used 1 3/4" .120 wall CHROMOLY tube with custom rock rails. Removed front fenders and lights, and made custom set up for new lights. Full Lorance GPS system inside. On board air/ etc.etc.

So it has all sorts of spares (front and rear Dshafts/ alternator/ Starter/ water pump/ axles shafts/ ujoints/ etc.etc. Decked with tools. I have been wheeling for over 25 years, and have built over 10 rigs, and after many years of research, I concluded that this Dodge platform, was a choice platform to tuck in fenders, and shave a wheelbase, with a Hemi engine, and 1 ton drivetrain/ and a stupid strong drivetrain and stupid strong frame. And then found a company that actually pulled off this build.

I appreciate the props on the build, but I LOVE the outcome, and am stoked to take it out west to hammer on it again for 5 weeks in April. Then ship it to Patagonia SA in March 2014 to wheel it down there for 2 years

Attachments

• do1.jpg
    do1.jpg
    326.2 KB · Views: 409
  • do2.jpg
    do2.jpg
    377.8 KB · Views: 351
  • do3.jpg
    do3.jpg
    426.4 KB · Views: 313
  • do4.jpg
    do4.jpg
    467.1 KB · Views: 290
  • do5.jpg
    do5.jpg
    354.4 KB · Views: 319

gun45boat

Adventurer
Thanks but the actual video is poor quality, and that was at the beginning of the day, then the batteries ran out to cover the cooler stuff. It is near Ocala NF close to Gainesville, fl at a huge abandoned quarry/mine.

RU55ELL

Explorer
dowant.jpg

jeep-N-montero

Expedition Leader
I actually like this setup, should be pretty reliable for many years. And nothing beats having a healthy V8 under the hood when on the trails, plus it's nice being able to cruise at 80 with larger tires.

gun45boat

Adventurer
yes. nothing like have a 1 ton drivetrain and a Hemi engine. Makes cruising down the highway at 90, going up hill in overdrive ,easy:) Very pleased with the performance so far. I just took a 500 miles trip averaging 16mpg at 68mph (it goes down obviously the faster you go)

Here are some gay pics... there are NO rocks around florida. so flexing and getting traction in the sand are not good. it will flex WAY better than this, but here are some more pics.
a1.jpga2.jpga3.jpga4.jpga5.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles