Austrailian-style flat bed canopy options for Tacoma in US?

dnorrell

Adventurer
I tried searching on this, but came up short. If I missed something, please feel free to point me in the right direction.

One of the great things about flipping through Australian 4wd Action is seeing really well thought-out builds. It seems that there are a number of manufacturers that build flat bed metal canopies for various platforms. For example:

Chevrolet-Silverado-Dual-Cab-Integrated-Cam-Pro-Body-2.jpg

and...

_71.jpg

They look so dang cool

_17.jpg

Any outfits doing something similar to this stateside? If not, anyone try a custom build that is similar?

Edit: Sources for above images include CSM Manufacturing and Metal Form Industries

zolo

Explorer
If I don't sell my truck, I'm heading that way. I already have the modeler rear section to put canvas on.

Bed was designed and built by me in shop. Its a great way to go and you gain a lot of usable space...

I love mine.

Last edited:

dnorrell

Adventurer
JWP58, thanks for the link. It's a shame their website is a bit crummy - not tons of info that I could find.

zolo - why are you selling? It looks like you have a great project so far.

J

JWP58

If I don't sell mine, I'm heading that way.

Bed was designed and built by me in shop. Its a great way to go and you gain a lot of usable space...

I love mine.

Damn I wish i could weld or i'd do the exact same thing. I wonder how much a custom canvas cover would cost?

Clutch

<---Pass
Those UTE beds are cool and all, would be cheaper and stealthier if you went with a drawer system and a topper with windoors. I like
to blend in, rather than sticking out. Lessens the chance for thieves.

surveyor_trimmed.jpg

PSIcon5.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles