Power Steps on a 90 Suburban?

drifter_r6

Observer
Do you have any (or does anyone else) have a close up photo of the motor and it mounted?

• Do they bolt straight to the bottom of the sills with sheet metal screws?
  • And do the upper mounts use sheet metal screws also?

Pics 4 and 5 show the motor mounted to the pivoting arm. Pic4: 3 bolts (white area) secure the motor to the arm. The "circular" areas each house gears which rotate and retract/extend the arm for the steps.

Pic 2 and 3 shows the lower mounting bolts on the lower sill (pinch weld). I would not call these sheet metal screws, the bolts are 3/4". The upper mounting bolt can kinda be seen in pic 5. There are U-nuts which clip into the body (factory holes). Keep in mind this is mounting on a Ford F350. Dodges use a mount bracket that you need to rivet to the sill and then bolt the arm to the bracket. I'm pretty sure the Chevys are different.

I think you should start by downloading their install manuals and look at the diagrams, compare to what you see under the 'Burb.

Last edited:

EricU

Observer
...I think you should start by downloading their install manuals and look at the diagrams, compare to what you see under the 'Burb.

That is what I have been doing. The guys at Amp-Research have been very helpful so far.

I am going to start printing out the appropriate pages of the different mounting systems from the various kits and hopefully can find a close fit.

Eric.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles