Baja Roof Rack Experience

I'm running the BajaRack Expedition rack on my FJ and I didn't notice any increase in noise over the stock rack. I have nothing on it currently, I imagine there will be some significant wind noise once I mount the Roof Top Tent.

Dennx

Adventurer
I love my Bajarack. Don't worry about the noise, just buy it ;)

CA604770-3616-443D-929C-D06CB9E9361A-8280-000003933DCF0218.jpg

66AE778B-5AD9-4B9C-8C6A-7C70039D53AA-8280-0000039337AB84D4.jpg

enzo

Explorer
I just ordered a flat rack for my FJ. I can't wait to install it and throw my RTT up there!

Caleb Long

Go for the adventure!
The rack is well priced for the design but I think could be better designed for strength. Although the finish is terrible and wore off quickly and I had to refinish mutiple times and plus the mounting brackets I am not impressed with. I believe since that time I purchased mine (approx. 4.5 yrs ago) they have improved the finish.

That said my megamule bajarack is still sitting atop my truck serving many purposes. Overall I do not regret the purchase.

FJ-ACE71

Anyone running a drop in basket from bajarack for FJ cruiser? I can't decide if I cut corners with this or buy a full on rack? Any thoughts on which and who has/likes which?? Thanks guys!

REDrum

Aventurero de la Selva
Anyone running a drop in basket from bajarack for FJ cruiser? I can't decide if I cut corners with this or buy a full on rack?

What do you mean by drop in or full rack?

If you are referring to drop in as Baja's standard one size fits all rack, you will find them very small. Think Rav4 scale. Most Land Rovers (RRC, Defender, Series) have 58" wide roof sections, thus I took my time finding a RRC specific rack and it payed off. Check you roof line width before you buy.

Hope this helps.

Cabrito

I come in Peace
Anyone running a drop in basket from bajarack for FJ cruiser? I can't decide if I cut corners with this or buy a full on rack? Any thoughts on which and who has/likes which?? Thanks guys!

I have the drop in rack. It's nice if you don't want to mess with the stock rack, and it compliments it nicely with lots of added cargo space.

The only negatives I have are that it would have been nice if the cross bar's were the same diameter of Yakima cross bars so I could use some of my Yakima stuff on it. The other thing is that you if you plan to put really long items up there you are limited to the length of the drop in rack. Not a problem for me so far. I put all my extra stock cross bars in the rear section and have even more usable space on the rear.
IMG_0661.jpg

IMG_0171.jpg

FJ-ACE71

I may just build my own drop in basket that goes the full length of the stock rack. Should be able to do it for $100 or so plus my time so I'll have to post pics. Thanks for the input!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rinzlerz