What tire pressure on the low end with a full-sized truck?

Caleb Long

Go for the adventure!
I have a F-250 power stroke and on my trips into baja loaded down pretty good but probably no where near the capacity like carrying a cabover camper or something I have gone down to 25-30 psi and maybe 20 psi. Felt pretty confident with this pressure although when maneuvering out of a tight spot with the wheel hard over it was a tad hard to turn with all the weight bearing down on that inboard tire of the turn. Agree with what other people have said that you have to experiment but most likely 20 psi will be as low as I go. What a great ride at that pressure though compared to full PSI!!
Tires I have: 35" kelly safari TSR load range E

Metcalf

Expedition Leader
Just remember in an emergency you can go MUCH lower if you need to for short distances. I have had my Dodge down in the low single digits trying to get myself out of some stupid situations. My best advise is learn to deal with a blown bead BEFORE it happens so you will be more comfortable airing down. Get yourself some kinda of on-board air system. Even something like a small MV50 electric compressor will get you back up to sane pressures if you have to drop way down for something. Unless your in a race you can take a little more time than normal to air up.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior