Second Generation Tacoma - Front Mud Flaps - Or ANY Mud Flaps for that matter

upcountry

Explorer
Typical problem.

Put 285's on the truck and had to remove the front mud flaps due to contact.

Has anyone seen someone create a new bracket to replace the mudflaps with an aftermarket mudflap?

I am tired of the truck getting basted from de-icer and road crap. For those of you that live in a nice sunny climate where they dont use de-icer on the roads......:shakin:

I am thinking of fabbing something from stainless that I can use to attach a mud flap to.

Any thoughts on this?

Regarding the rear, I am thinking of reverting back to the first generation Tacoma mud flaps, which are not made from the rigid material that the second generation flap is made from. I know TacoDoc has done this with his rear flap, but I have not seen anyone do the fronts?

Dave Bennett

Adventurist
Reno Taco sells these on TW:
IMG_0884.jpg

They werent going to work for me (too big) so I modified them to be more off-road friendly.
IMG_0892.jpg

IMG_0895.jpg

IMG_0893.jpg

LBPtaco

Rendezvous Conspiracy
Does anyone know what the law (in CA) requires for mudflaps? Half way down the tire? I'm looking at putting something on my truck, but I want to make sure its enough to keep the CHP/Law Enforcement at bay.

Dave Bennett

Adventurist
Does anyone know what the law (in CA) requires for mudflaps? Half way down the tire? I'm looking at putting something on my truck, but I want to make sure its enough to keep the CHP/Law Enforcement at bay.

Not sure but my experience with mudflaps has taught me that longer/more coverage is better than stubbies. And more coverage means less chance of any potential rule book shenanigans with a bored CHP officer ;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles