Good start????

Lacy Hershey

Adventurer
Want opinions on this trailer. Haven't called about it yet but I think it would be fairly good overall. Looking for a trailer I can put a RTT on. I know a rack/frame will need to be made but I figured I could make it and run the supports inside the trailer to the frame as long as I don't want to enclose it and if I did, I would need to reconfigure the tailgate.

Any and all opinions appreciated.

http://nashville.craigslist.org/grd/3529380065.html

Mark Harley

Expedition Leader
First one looks like the old U-Haul rental trailers.
It is redone and ready to roll Not a bad price either.
Could be a little heavy.

The second needs tons of work but is desirable.
If you have the time and some $$ #2 would be a cool choice.

Lacy Hershey

Adventurer
Thanks for the input Mark. I talked to the guy with the bantam. He came down to $150. Said the tires were bad but the floor is solid. Had one rust through spot but it has been fixed (someone cut it out and welded in a new piece of metal).

Weight is a factor for me as I will be pulling it with a Jeep Wrangler. Max tow is 3500#.

Lacy Hershey

Adventurer
No go on the bantam. Asked the guy if the floor was solid, he said yes. Asked if there was any rust through and he said no. I drive 2 hrs to see the trailer and there was lots of rust through and mostly in the floor...lol. I know it wasn't going to be perfect because of the price but o well. Hopefully going to look at another one this weekend. May have to go with a M101.

Mark- How much do they weigh originally?

Lacy Hershey

Adventurer
Opinions?

Considering the chances of finding a 1/4 ton military trailer in TN is about slim to none. As I have been looking for some time now and only found one that sold for ALOT of money. I am looking for others. Below is one I have come across.

3I83Mc3Jc5L15G55Kcd3dc3c816ddabb91c96.jpg

Mark Harley

Expedition Leader
That one has potential.
Spring over, a new tongue, and paint and she would do fine.
Good start if the price is right!

gordinho80

Adventurer
That one looks like a really good starting point. Anything is possible with a little bit of work. My trailer is FAR from done... but it has come a long way and worked out VERY well during its first trip in the fall.

2012-07-12

2012-10-08

Lacy Hershey

Adventurer
Well considering I have zero welding experience so I was trying to find something that won't require that much welding. (even though we have a welder, my husband hasn't got around to teaching me yet) But when it comes to woodwork I can do that.

I went ahead and got the $160 one. Here is it right now sitting cockeyed on my trailer cause it didn't want to fit. Will hopefully post some pictures tomorrow once its off the trailer and behind my Jeep.
trailer1.jpg

Mark Harley

Expedition Leader
Practice with the welder on scrap metal.
When you are comfortable to tackle that trailer let her rip!
Make some money too welding stuff for others.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior