RUGER Trailers

Eric7576

Just brought home my new trailer and I couldn't be happier!!! This thing is AWESOME and Steve (the Founder/Owner) of Ruger Trailers really deserves an outstanding recommendation! In all honesty, I'm not sure my words will adequately describe the kudos he merits.

First of all, I did a ton of general research before deciding to buy one of Steve's trailers (I always think things through extensively before I make a purchase like this because I want to make the right decision the first time). Initially, I felt that Steve offered a great product at a wonderful price. But during the course of our conversations, I could tell that Steve was absolutely concerned about giving me the trailer I wanted and offered customer service second to none! I had a lot of questions about tires/wheels/etc. and other things I wanted to customize on the trailer to make it similar to my Jeep for looks and functionality. I learned so much from our conversations and e-mails. I can't begin to tell you how much work, research and effort he put into my questions even before I had committed to buying the trailer! Seriously, he spent a great deal of time looking into the details of some difficult questions I was asking. I could tell he cared and wanted to find the answers to those questions.

Needless to say, Steve made an INCREDIBLE trailer! He color matched it to my Jeep, made changes to their usual fenders to accommodate my aftermarket wheels and tires, made it a front-pivoting lid so that the back opens, and added the tailgate. I have to note that regarding the wheels, I had purchased some from Quadratec and had them sent to Steve's business. He then took them to the local tire shop and got the exact tires I wanted put on the wheels. Now I have the same size wheels/tires on the Jeep, Jeep spare and trailer. In the event I ever get a flat I can use the Jeep spare for the Jeep or trailer.

As far as the workmanship is concerned, you can tell that Steve takes great pride in his work and wants his customers to get what they want. I was very impressed with the build of the trailer. It is very well crafted, has clean lines, is lightweight, and pulls incredibly well behind my Jeep (2012 Rubicon). I can barely tell it is there. A couple of days after I got it home my friend and I put on a Thule rack, and I then put my cargo box on top of it. I can easily move the trailer around my garage by hand.

One of the other great things about this trailer purchase is that I feel like it was a very good price, even with all the 'customized' things I added to the trailer. I know there are other great trailer fabricators out there as well; but when you combine Steve's incredible customer service, his meticulous attention to detail, and his competitive prices, I am certain you will be extremely happy with your decision!!

Attachments

• IMG_3476.jpg
    IMG_3476.jpg
    583.9 KB · Views: 575
  • IMG_3478.jpg
    IMG_3478.jpg
    575.5 KB · Views: 473
  • IMG_3472.jpg
    IMG_3472.jpg
    576.3 KB · Views: 434

Purpura1

Thanks for writing this up. I'm curious, did you look at Manley ORV trailers? If so, what did you like better about Ruger?

STREGA

Explorer
Is this for sale?..please post a price.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Don't think its for sale just posted in the wrong place, looks like he has it posted in the Ruger Trailer thread as well. Maybe a mod can move it over to the trailer section?

Eric7576

I did see the Manley trailer online. To be honest, I don't know a whole lot about that trailer. However, I feel this Ruger trailer is PERFECT for me and it was DEFINITELY the right price! Give Steve a call and tell him what you are looking for. I'm sure you will be pleasantly surprised about the price. :) And crap...sorry this ended up in the 'For Sale' section...my bad!

Eric7576

More pics

A user asked for more pictures of my trailer so I thought I would add them to this thread as well! Please feel free to contact me if you have any questions. The best way is via e-mail. Thanks!
-Eric

Attachments

• IMG_3480.jpg
    IMG_3480.jpg
    80 KB · Views: 372
  • IMG_3481.jpg
    IMG_3481.jpg
    68.6 KB · Views: 410
  • IMG_3483.jpg
    IMG_3483.jpg
    69.9 KB · Views: 469
  • IMG_3488.jpg
    IMG_3488.jpg
    64.3 KB · Views: 327
  • IMG_3489.jpg
    IMG_3489.jpg
    64 KB · Views: 233
  • IMG_3492.jpg
    IMG_3492.jpg
    64.3 KB · Views: 298

RugerTrailer

The Trailer Guy
I haven't logged into the portal for awhile but we're glad your enjoying your trailer. Looks great with your jeep. Can't wait to see some camping pics.

Mike

Eric7576

Camping in beautiful Flagstaff

Enjoying some outdoor time in Flagstaff. Really like this trailer and tent set-up.

Attachments

• IMG_3816.jpg
    IMG_3816.jpg
    579.1 KB · Views: 158
  • IMG_3828 - Version 2.jpg
    IMG_3828 - Version 2.jpg
    566.7 KB · Views: 182
  • IMG_3829.jpg
    IMG_3829.jpg
    559.1 KB · Views: 558
  • IMG_3830.jpg
    IMG_3830.jpg