Too Tall's Trucks

102_3794.jpg

Something like this...the B pillar would be sectioned from a 4 door body along with 18-24" fore and aft. Then the front portion of the rear doors would need grafting onto the rear section of the 2 door model doors. The rear most door latch or C pillar would be all 2 door as the rear of the second door would be from a 2 door model. The 2 door window should fit the forward section of the rear 4 door frame and be square, without the wing window of the 2 door door frame. Some careful marking of the body lines and plenty of temporary support welded directly to the unibody should ensure a smoothish project. All in all it would be uber cool to see drive down the road and only the true XJ fans would probably notice that the rear doors were straight instead of curved to clear wheel wells.

How nucking futs am I?

Chevrolado

Cruisin'
Nice lookin run of vehicles. I like that silver Dodge. I must say though.. I am partial to the silver vehicles. :)
As for the third row seat in the Yukon.. I believe my 95 Tahoe once had a third row seat too. The previous owner removed it though when he gutted the interior and dynamatted the floor.
Works for me though as I like having the open space back there for gear.
Good to see you utilizing it all though! Very good lookin Yukon.

This is my best solution to being 6' 8". The Montero is also an excellent option.

12003503733_4e764a222a_b.jpg

Nice lookin run of vehicles. I like that silver Dodge. I must say though.. I am partial to the silver vehicles. :)
As for the third row seat in the Yukon.. I believe my 95 Tahoe once had a third row seat too. The previous owner removed it though when he gutted the interior and dynamatted the floor.
Works for me though as I like having the open space back there for gear.
Good to see you utilizing it all though! Very good lookin Yukon.

I thought the 3rd row wasn't available in Yukon/Tahoe until 1999? But there are lots of welders in the world! I loved the Dodge also, but between my wife's G6 convertible and my Dummins we had $1000 a month going to autos....we both drove about 5 miles each way to work. I used the Dodge like a truck should be used but just couldn't warrant the costs, so we sold and worked towards affording a child!!!

I like the G wagen...if I could ever stop getting my hands dirty and be a normal dude I would definitely try to afford one!!

Chevrolado

Cruisin'
Yeah, I dont know. I recall my father in law (the previous owner of my rig) told me that when he had gutted the whole thing, dynamatted it, then when he went to re-carpet it, it left the back seats out and carpeted over the mounting holes.

But I wasn't actually there to witness.. so I cant say for 100%. Just what he said.

Regcabguy

Oil eater.
That is a lot of trucks. I tend to be just the opposite. I tend to keep hold of my vehicles but I can remember going through quite a few different vehicles when I was younger. Being 6'7" I certainly know your frustration in finding a vehicle that is comfortable. It seems odd to say that you bought a vehicle because it fits you (most folks would think you would be talking about fitting in with your tastes but we look for a vehicle that we can fit in) but that is a big deciding factor for us.
I currently own an 06 Tacoma and I run the seat all the way back and lean the seat back quite a bit to be able to fit under the roof. Most of my height is in torso so I need a high roof line. I also have a 2011 Honda Pilot that works pretty well. On long trips I have to make a stop and get out and stretch every couple of hours but a fellow should get out of their vehicle and loosen up anyhow, so I don't mind that.
My real love is my 71 F 250. It has a higher roof than the later models and is well built and is certainly proving durable. I am building my own camper in the back of the shell. Something simple that I can sleep comfortably in. Most folks can sleep from side to side and most campers are made with that in mind. I need a bet that is at least 7' long and I don't want anything wider than the pickup. Thoughts that I am sure that you have considered.
well good luck with your new project and I certainly agree with the one post that brought up being paid for. I think being paid for and older is better than new, fancy and in debt. take your time and you will get there.
Mikey

Here is a shot of Rueben, my 71
35829hk.jpg

Here is a shot of Catsup, my Tacoma
295680o.jpg

P.S. I am curious about what vehicles that you find comfortable. I too have moved my share of seats back.
I'm 6'3" and tall in the torso and can't get into a Tacoma without bashing my head. Then the seats are mounted close to the floor. You're much more flexible than I.
I even have to duck my head getting into my Ram as I have the electric seats mounted up high.
Ditto on the Pilot. Pretty roomy.

102_3909.jpg102_3910.jpg102_3913.jpg

So my morning at the State Patrol was very smooth...the inspector came in the office and greeted me by name...that's always a good start! I had all my ducks in a row and started handing him my receipts, weight slip, title of the pickup and all that jazz. He laughed and said I was on abnormal, "Usually it's on the back of a Safeway bag!"

So my license and papers in hand he went into the office for about 5 min, then rolled his window open and had me sign. "I'll meet you at the trailer." he said, once there he drilled, riveted the plate, and stamped the new VIN into the frame of the trailer.

"Have a good day!"

He is the eldest brother of my high school auto body teacher and I was smart enough to name drop, my welder and a few other choice names during our time together. But he never even had me prove the signals or brake lights....oh well ( they are golden of course) I was stressing last night because my Yukon's RT wiring board inside the taillight failed and I had to borrow one from a local customer at 11PM last night, in the rain and wind!! But no complaints for a smooth transfer, and about $100 of fees and I have a neat-o trailer to tow behind my 1992 OBS.

I do need to fill the tounge area up with something though...hint...hint....

I am planning on pulling the bed off this frame for my own use and sell the trailer soon, but it may grow on me yet!

It is quite short and the trailer easily contacts the tow vehicle when backing it and jack knifing it, but it is bearable for the nice short overall length.

More pictures soon....there is this wierd burning ball in the sky today so I may go get some poser shots!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles