SWAMPER IROCK TIRES

REDROVER

Explorer
guys i wanna get 39,5 irocks, but i wanna see if any one of u has experience with those tires? are they any good ?

i do understand those are offroad tires but they gonna be driven on the highway as well , can they be balanced ?

thank you

uriedog

metal melter
The IROCK's do come in radial.

I had SSR's fairly similar, they were not to bad to balance. I would go with beads next time I buy a set though. They got harder to balance with age

blakeape

Adventurer
I had a set of 39.5 bias and now a set of 42 bias. They have both been on a 5-6000 lb 1 Ton Tacoma that is more rock crawler than expo and while they didn't balance that poorly, they wear like butter. They have a pretty soft compound and just don't hold up under a primarily street driven truck. I don't know what your plans are but for a more expo style rig I would look at a Radial like the Goodyear MTR. That said I wouldn't hesitate to put another set of Iroks on my Taco.

REDROVER

Explorer
I had a set of 39.5 bias and now a set of 42 bias. They have both been on a 5-6000 lb 1 Ton Tacoma that is more rock crawler than expo and while they didn't balance that poorly, they wear like butter. They have a pretty soft compound and just don't hold up under a primarily street driven truck. I don't know what your plans are but for a more expo style rig I would look at a Radial like the Goodyear MTR. That said I wouldn't hesitate to put another set of Iroks on my Taco.

MTR tires are good but i need them to be 39,5 or 40 inch on 16.5 rims and mtrs dont come like that,

SilverBullet

Explorer
I had IROK's on my 87 crawler. In the AZ desert terrain, dirt, and rocks I loved them. Never tried them in mud, but they were great for me.

Rovertrader

Supporting Sponsor
I ran them, same tire/size on my TJ (slightly modified) a few years and loved them- both on/off road, but didn't DD the rig, only about 5k miles/year. Regardless, loved them, and ran Stuan headlocks and still no balancing issues.

Attachments

• DSC01984.jpg
    DSC01984.jpg
    245.7 KB · Views: 4

98dango

Expedition Leader
I have had my share of Irocks. They just don't last on the street the 39.5 looks good works great but if you got 20k i would be.very.surprised.

82fb

Adventurer
If you have the money and don't mind replacing them often, run em if you like em. They are great off road, not bad on road.

REDROVER

Explorer
If you have the money and don't mind replacing them often, run em if you like em. They are great off road, not bad on road.

Right now I have 39.5 swampers but they are not redial . They are gr8 offroad but on the road they the worst tire I ever had impossible to balance and flat spots when they seat 3 days. I am hope those redials balance better

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles