FLAT Poly Water Tank for Underside of Trailer

wyojoe

Adventurer
I ordered my tank from Amazon (well, an Amazon vendor), and it was less than $100 shipped. As I recall, the tank itself was only about $58, but shipping was another $20, or so. There were a variety of sizes and shapes, though I don't recall if any of them were as slim as what you're looking for. Mine is about 8" high and holds 21 gallons. It's a great fit for under my trailer, but, apparently, I have a bit more room to spare than you do. It might be worth checking out.

bluebruin

Adventurer
I ordered my tank from Amazon (well, an Amazon vendor), and it was less than $100 shipped. As I recall, the tank itself was only about $58, but shipping was another $20, or so. There were a variety of sizes and shapes, though I don't recall if any of them were as slim as what you're looking for. Mine is about 8" high and holds 21 gallons. It's a great fit for under my trailer, but, apparently, I have a bit more room to spare than you do. It might be worth checking out.

could you give some more specifics that might help me find it on amazon... amazon is a big site. Name, make, vendor etc? Thanks!

VanIsle_Greg

I think I need a bigger truck!
Hmmm.... 8 x 16 x 30 @ 15 GAL sounds like a winner for my needs. *runs out to measure trailer* Thanks for the link Eddy

fasteddy47

Adventurer
Hmmm.... 8 x 16 x 30 @ 15 GAL sounds like a winner for my needs. *runs out to measure trailer* Thanks for the link Eddy

No problem Greg...I have 2 of the same 15 gallons. One for shower one for drinking water. They are very well built and easy to add bungs and taps to.
They are the least expensive of any I have seen and they are baffled inside to prevent slosh :)
Cheers
Eddy

bluebruin

Adventurer
could you give some more specifics that might help me find it on amazon... amazon is a big site. Name, make, vendor etc? Thanks!

darn... i missed the part where you said 8" high. way too high for under my trailer I think. I would have to build quite a skid plate for that... maybe I'll just get one of these and tongue mount. But I was really hoping to keep the center of gravity way low to compensate for my new rooftop camper design..

VanIsle_Greg

I think I need a bigger truck!
I think an 8" tank would work underneath, but yes a skid plate would be needed. I still need to get out and do some measurements...stoked on these tanks. I would install 1 and then use the 2 Scepter water cans I have to top it up.

bluebruin

Adventurer
yes I agree, it will technically fit, but sure will reduce your clearance. I guess if you can relocate a cross member and center it over your axle it might be less of a clearance issue.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94